Icon

DonM <morrisdon69@...>

My icon on aprs.fi is a computer. I am using aprsis32 to put my icon on it. Is there anyway to change it?

Don K0OZ

Lynn Deffenbaugh

DonM wrote:
My icon on aprs.fi is a computer. I am using aprsis32 to put my icon on it. Is there anyway to change it?

Don K0OZ
To set your Icon, click on the current icon displayed in the APRSISCE/32
configuration dialog (below the big Genius button). It will then give
you the option of Primary, Alternate, or Overlay and a pair of spin
boxes that let you set the ASCII value of your symbol and possibly
Overlay. The symbol and name of the symbol is displayed while you're
spinning the buttons, so you can figure out where you want to land.
Clicking Accept will make that the symbol sent out with the next beacon
packet. Cancel will retain the originally select symbol.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

Don Morris <morrisdon69@...>

Thanks again Lynn

73, Don K0OZ
Rio Rancho, NM, USA

> My icon on aprs.fi is a computer. I am using aprsis32 to put my icon on it. Is there anyway to change it?
>
> Don K0OZ
To set your Icon, click on the current icon displayed in the APRSISCE/32
configuration dialog (below the big Genius button). It will then give
you the option of Primary, Alternate, or Overlay and a pair of spin
boxes that let you set the ASCII value of your symbol and possibly
Overlay. The symbol and name of the symbol is displayed while you're
spinning the buttons, so you can figure out where you want to land.
Clicking Accept will make that the symbol sent out with the next beacon
packet. Cancel will retain the originally select symbol.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Cool! A House and it's not in the middle of the ocean! And now a -10, that's another way to get aprs.fi to "allow" you to move a large distance. It then thinks you're a different station.

I've sent a private e-mail about the van not appearing. APRSIS32 only displays stations heard since you started running it. It doesn't record anything between executions, unlike aprs.fi which buffers stations for a LONG time. If you bring up a new copy of APRSIS32, your van won't appear until it beacons.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

Don Morris wrote:

Thanks again Lynn
73, Don K0OZ