APRSIS32 curiosity to me

Lynn Deffenbaugh

If you want to add any custom filters, you can find documentation at the following URLs:

http://www.aprs-is.net/javAPRSFilter.aspx

Just figure out what you want to see and plug it into the "Add Filter:" box in the APRSISCE/32 configuration dialog.

The client automatically does some filtering for you. It does:

m/dist - My Range filter based on the configured Range (converted from 1/10 mile to km)

If you track or center on someone (right click or popup menu/Center), it adds a:

f/call/dist - Friend Range filter using the same range

This filter will be removed when you are no longer tracking a callsign.

If you drag the map around to establish a center other than yourself or a specific station, it adds a:

r/lat/lon/dist - Range filter using the map center and the configured range

For any other filter, you can do your own. Here's a few of the Add Filter's I've got in a few instances of my APRSIS32 client:

r/27.99673/-80.659072/1 b/KJ4DXK* b/KJ4ERJ* b/KJ4OVQ* u/APWW*/APWM* b/W4SGC*

r/28.40/-81.50/2000 r/27.99673/-80.659072/1 -b/WINLINK -s/S/S -s//a/DW

b/KJ4OVQ* b/KJ4ERJ* b/KJ4DXK* b/W4SGC* b/WI8H* -b/WINLINK -s/S/S -s//a/DW

and my APRSISCE phone has the following filter:

b/N4GVA* b/KJ4ERJ* b/KJ4DXK* b/KJ4OVQ* b/W4SGC* s/@/@ u/APWW*/APWM* -b/WINLINK

Can you tell what callsigns I like to keep tabs on?

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

PS. KJ4DXK is my son, KJ4OVQ is my wife, and N4GVA flies small planes here in Florida.

David Shrum wrote:

I guess I must be very thick headed; I still am not sure where to add the
filters as you suggested. I know you explained it before but that went right
over the top of my head. I don't have a clue where to add them, is it in the
APRSIS32.xml where they are added? Thanks for your patience.

Thanks again,

Dave N8PU

PS. Coincidentally, I was also watching this evening as the icon
changed from phone to SUV and the beacon rate slowed down. I have
u/APWW*/APWM* in one of my filter strings to get a feel for how many
people are actually using the client at any point in time. You can add
the same and you'll see APRSISCE/32 users wherever they are.

02:27:00

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Long answer: I'm hoping to latch onto some image rotation code to do the same thing with APRSISCE, but for now it just shows the simple icon. In addition, I'm hoping to do a dead-reckoning forecast of current position based on the previous heading and speed. I'll probably fade out the forecast icon and connect it to the last known position with a line in realtime.

Short answer: it's on the ToDo list!

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

PS. Coincidentally, I was also watching this evening as the icon changed from phone to SUV and the beacon rate slowed down. I have u/APWW*/APWM* in one of my filter strings to get a feel for how many people are actually using the client at any point in time. You can add the same and you'll see APRSISCE/32 users wherever they are.

David Shrum wrote:

Tonight I was tracking my son, W8TVI-12 with the APRSIS32 DeskTop version
and with http://aprs.fi/ using Google maps; what I noticed with Google maps
the SUV icon would show the direction of travel with the icon, but the
APRSIS32 program, while keeping his icon centered, it didn't show the
direction to travel in relationship to the map. Like I said, it was nothing
more than curiosity to me.

Dave N8PU

David Shrum