Date   

SARTopo Maps

Lynn Deffenbaugh
 

I don't see any information on the SARTopo/CalTopo web site describing direct access to their map tile layers, but if anyone knows of the proper URL, the new development version of APRSIS32 may be able to access it.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 2/3/2019 6:27 PM, Bill Hancock billwa4mjm@... [aprsisce] wrote:


Has anyone tried to use the SARTopo maps yet?  If so, I would appreciate knowing how you accomplish that.  Tnx, WA4MJM


-----Original Message-----
From: n7jzt@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...>
To: aprsisce <aprsisce@...>
Sent: Sun, Feb 3, 2019 12:46 pm
Subject: [aprsisce] APRSISCE MBTiles (yet?)



Has MBTiles support been added to APRSISCE (yet?).

I think this was on the To-Do list, but Round-Tuits are probably in short supply. 

I have created specialized tile sets for my area and they have worked fine for several years in APRSISCE.
I have also created MBTiles files for these tile sets, and they work fine on Android using APRSISMO and mapping applications (ORUX).  (just moved to a Nexus3 and having issues selecting files in the directories that are listed ... but working on that)

So, looking forward to reducing maintenance issues by using one set of files on Windoze and Android. 
We are also replacing older laptops in our rescue vehicles, so map and overlay configurations are the hot topic

(Also thinking of KML/KMZ files instead of or in addition to GPX : the KMZ contain attributes, in GPX they must be individually configured : yeah we are copying XML from older to newer files, and we have a long list)

Mykle N7JZT
It's warm in Tucson





__._,_.___

Posted by: Bill Hancock <billwa4mjm@...>



__,_._,___


Re: APRSISCE MBTiles (yet?)

Lynn Deffenbaugh
 

MBTiles support for APRSIS32 is in the works.  Can you provide me a sample of one or several of your MBTiles files so that I can verify proper operation with files that I didn't create myself?

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 2/3/2019 1:45 PM, n7jzt@... [aprsisce] wrote:


Has MBTiles support been added to APRSISCE (yet?).

I think this was on the To-Do list, but Round-Tuits are probably in short supply. 

I have created specialized tile sets for my area and they have worked fine for several years in APRSISCE.
I have also created MBTiles files for these tile sets, and they work fine on Android using APRSISMO and mapping applications (ORUX).  (just moved to a Nexus3 and having issues selecting files in the directories that are listed ... but working on that)

So, looking forward to reducing maintenance issues by using one set of files on Windoze and Android. 
We are also replacing older laptops in our rescue vehicles, so map and overlay configurations are the hot topic

(Also thinking of KML/KMZ files instead of or in addition to GPX : the KMZ contain attributes, in GPX they must be individually configured : yeah we are copying XML from older to newer files, and we have a long list)

Mykle N7JZT
It's warm in Tucson




__._,_.___

Posted by: n7jzt@...



__,_._,___


(Meta/MB) Tiles & More! (Dev: 2020/05/14 10:48)

Lynn Deffenbaugh
 

=========== 2020/05/14 10:48

Fixed infinite loop hang until memory is exhausted in Drive Multiline (discovered doing an outline of Rincon Mountains for tile testing)

Add MBTiles path visibiltiy to tile info popup (double-click empty space on map)

Support up to 64 (up from32) uniquely active hashes.  I really need to migrate this from bit mask to a dictionary lookup but concerned about View filtering performance.

Better support MBTiles for tile saving, although still no UI for it.

Support MetaTile fetching (ala APRSISMO) from my tile server (until I issue a pull request for my mod_tile updates and persuade the OpenStreetMap folks to run it (doubtful))

Update libcurl to support https from MBTiles-based Map Tile Sets. Note this added a crypt32.DLL requirement, so hopefully there won't be any issues.  No idea if this will ever build for Windows Mobile though!

Even if not fetching MetaTiles, a single tile download thread will get all required tiles within a single MetaTile.

Record and honor Expires/Max-Age from tile server.  This may cause more map tile fetches than you're used to as APRSIS32 will refresh expired tiles in the background, but only when you actually visit the area again (currently).  So you may be looking at what looks like a complete map, but still see an expanding yellow circle indicating tiles are being fetched.  This is normal, and the NEXT time you visit that area (after all caching has purged), you'll see the new version of the map tiles.

Since entire MetaTiles are queued to a single thread, the yellow expanding circle should have less granularity (bigger steps) as only metatiles are counted/executed instead of each individual tile.  This is regardless of whether metatiles or individual tiles are being fetched.


Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32


Re: libCURL (Dev: 2020/05/09 21:57)

Fred Hillhouse
 

Release notes? I don’t need no stinkin’ release notes!

 

;) Fred N7FMH

 

From: APRSISCE@groups.io [mailto:APRSISCE@groups.io] On Behalf Of Lynn Deffenbaugh
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 11:30 AM
To: APRSISCE@groups.io
Subject: Re: [APRSISCE] libCURL (Dev: 2020/05/09 21:57)

 

From the very end of my release notes:

The MbTiles layout I'm using includes the full URL in the database, so
it will be able to support https (but it doesn't yet, so don't try it!).

So, the straight answer is "no", but the true answer is "not yet".  Almost there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t93PJlv3EgQ

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 5/11/2020 11:07 AM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:

Hi Lynn,
 
Will item 2 get https tiles now?
 
Thanks!
Fred N7FMH
 
 
-----Original Message-----
From: APRSISCE@groups.io [mailto:APRSISCE@groups.io] On Behalf Of Lynn Deffenbaugh
Sent: Saturday, May 09, 2020 10:10 PM
To: APRSISCE@groups.io
Subject: [APRSISCE] libCURL (Dev: 2020/05/09 21:57)
 
A new development release has been pushed out that includes two minor
changes:
 
1) Correct handling of satellite and lightning multilines if a { happens
to be in the !DAO!
 
2) Use libcurl instead of custom-coded HTTP/1.0 client for map tile
fetching.  MUCH faster as it uses HTTP/1.1 and re-uses server connections.
 
That second one is not only a dramatic performance boost for tile
fetching, but also lays the groundwork for being able to support https
tile sources  Of course, those will only happen from MbTiles files as
the old tile set definition has no way to specify the protocol to use.
The MbTiles layout I'm using includes the full URL in the database, so
it will be able to support https (but it doesn't yet, so don't try it!).
 
Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32
 
 
 
 
 
 
--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
 
 
 
 




Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com



Re: libCURL (Dev: 2020/05/09 21:57)

Lynn Deffenbaugh
 

From the very end of my release notes:

The MbTiles layout I'm using includes the full URL in the database, so
it will be able to support https (but it doesn't yet, so don't try it!).
So, the straight answer is "no", but the true answer is "not yet".  Almost there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t93PJlv3EgQ

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 5/11/2020 11:07 AM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
Hi Lynn,

Will item 2 get https tiles now?

Thanks!
Fred N7FMH


-----Original Message-----
From: APRSISCE@groups.io [mailto:APRSISCE@groups.io] On Behalf Of Lynn Deffenbaugh
Sent: Saturday, May 09, 2020 10:10 PM
To: APRSISCE@groups.io
Subject: [APRSISCE] libCURL (Dev: 2020/05/09 21:57)

A new development release has been pushed out that includes two minor
changes:

1) Correct handling of satellite and lightning multilines if a { happens
to be in the !DAO!

2) Use libcurl instead of custom-coded HTTP/1.0 client for map tile
fetching.  MUCH faster as it uses HTTP/1.1 and re-uses server connections.

That second one is not only a dramatic performance boost for tile
fetching, but also lays the groundwork for being able to support https
tile sources  Of course, those will only happen from MbTiles files as
the old tile set definition has no way to specify the protocol to use.
The MbTiles layout I'm using includes the full URL in the database, so
it will be able to support https (but it doesn't yet, so don't try it!).

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32






--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus





Re: libCURL (Dev: 2020/05/09 21:57)

Fred Hillhouse
 

Hi Lynn,

Will item 2 get https tiles now?

Thanks!
Fred N7FMH

-----Original Message-----
From: APRSISCE@groups.io [mailto:APRSISCE@groups.io] On Behalf Of Lynn Deffenbaugh
Sent: Saturday, May 09, 2020 10:10 PM
To: APRSISCE@groups.io
Subject: [APRSISCE] libCURL (Dev: 2020/05/09 21:57)

A new development release has been pushed out that includes two minor
changes:

1) Correct handling of satellite and lightning multilines if a { happens
to be in the !DAO!

2) Use libcurl instead of custom-coded HTTP/1.0 client for map tile
fetching. MUCH faster as it uses HTTP/1.1 and re-uses server connections.

That second one is not only a dramatic performance boost for tile
fetching, but also lays the groundwork for being able to support https
tile sources Of course, those will only happen from MbTiles files as
the old tile set definition has no way to specify the protocol to use.
The MbTiles layout I'm using includes the full URL in the database, so
it will be able to support https (but it doesn't yet, so don't try it!).

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32






--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


Re: Downloads (was: 2020/05/09 21:57)

Gervais Fillion <ve2ckn2@...>
 

thanks Lynn
you are the Best now!!!

73
Gervais i will try it,
i hoped to have a better chance on setting his Digipeater than i have in Uiview (no offence Roger upthere) 

ve2ckn



De : APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io> de la part de Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...>
Envoyé : 10 mai 2020 20:18
À : APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io>
Objet : [APRSISCE] Downloads (was: 2020/05/09 21:57)
 

If you already have it up and running, just use About.  Otherwise it's on the Wiki at:


http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/downloads


And you might want to watch the First Use video at:


http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/initial-startup


And there's already been a couple of development releases since the general.  You can get those by following the instructions at:


http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:development-version


Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 5/10/2020 6:54 PM, Gervais Fillion wrote:
Excuse guy's,
what is the link again to download it?

i am still on XP Pro on my UIview Gate,, i will try again Andrew if it start the install.

Thanks all for all your work on APRS

Gef
VE2CKN



De : APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io> de la part de ab8xg via groups.io <ab8xg@...>
Envoyé : 10 mai 2020 18:18
À : APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io>
Objet : Re: [APRSISCE] XP Users (Dev: 2020/05/09 21:57)
 
I am running it on an old acer mini laptop with xp. No problems so far everything started and ran great. And then it quit recieving so I tried my cord and a differant program and then a differant computer and finally a differant tnc. Ended up being something in the tnc, I restored it and now it's working fine. Have only been running the new version for a couple of days but absolutely no problems so far with it. Will see what happens this week when I try to incorporate the weather station. 

Thanks for all your work on this. 
AB8XG


On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 5:50 PM, K3RWN

I am thinking about giving it a go on an old XP Netbook.  Is there a way to copy the map files to the hard drive and for go the need for internet to permit map zooming?


Rich

On 5/10/2020 10:23 AM, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:

Most excellent.  The problem(s), if there were going to be any, would have been right at the start.  It would have either said something about this program not being able to run here or a missing .DLL preventing it from starting.

Glad to know I didn't bork anything this time!

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 5/10/2020 10:21 AM, wavetel1 wrote:
Lynn
 
Ive got a couple of old machines running XP . I just upgraded one and tried it. It appears to be ok. Its running AGW interface and also APRS internet feed to the servers. I have not done any long term tests but nothing appears to have faulted. It was using VK5AH-8
 
 
Tony VK5AH
 
 
 
 


Downloads (was: 2020/05/09 21:57)

Lynn Deffenbaugh
 

If you already have it up and running, just use About.  Otherwise it's on the Wiki at:


http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/downloads


And you might want to watch the First Use video at:


http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/initial-startup


And there's already been a couple of development releases since the general.  You can get those by following the instructions at:


http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:development-version


Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 5/10/2020 6:54 PM, Gervais Fillion wrote:
Excuse guy's,
what is the link again to download it?

i am still on XP Pro on my UIview Gate,, i will try again Andrew if it start the install.

Thanks all for all your work on APRS

Gef
VE2CKN



De : APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io> de la part de ab8xg via groups.io <ab8xg@...>
Envoyé : 10 mai 2020 18:18
À : APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io>
Objet : Re: [APRSISCE] XP Users (Dev: 2020/05/09 21:57)
 
I am running it on an old acer mini laptop with xp. No problems so far everything started and ran great. And then it quit recieving so I tried my cord and a differant program and then a differant computer and finally a differant tnc. Ended up being something in the tnc, I restored it and now it's working fine. Have only been running the new version for a couple of days but absolutely no problems so far with it. Will see what happens this week when I try to incorporate the weather station. 

Thanks for all your work on this. 
AB8XG


On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 5:50 PM, K3RWN

I am thinking about giving it a go on an old XP Netbook.  Is there a way to copy the map files to the hard drive and for go the need for internet to permit map zooming?


Rich

On 5/10/2020 10:23 AM, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:

Most excellent.  The problem(s), if there were going to be any, would have been right at the start.  It would have either said something about this program not being able to run here or a missing .DLL preventing it from starting.

Glad to know I didn't bork anything this time!

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 5/10/2020 10:21 AM, wavetel1 wrote:
Lynn
 
Ive got a couple of old machines running XP . I just upgraded one and tried it. It appears to be ok. Its running AGW interface and also APRS internet feed to the servers. I have not done any long term tests but nothing appears to have faulted. It was using VK5AH-8
 
 
Tony VK5AH
 
 
 
 


Re: XP Users (Dev: 2020/05/09 21:57)

Gervais Fillion <ve2ckn2@...>
 

Excuse guy's,
what is the link again to download it?

i am still on XP Pro on my UIview Gate,, i will try again Andrew if it start the install.

Thanks all for all your work on APRS

Gef
VE2CKN



De : APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io> de la part de ab8xg via groups.io <ab8xg@...>
Envoyé : 10 mai 2020 18:18
À : APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io>
Objet : Re: [APRSISCE] XP Users (Dev: 2020/05/09 21:57)
 
I am running it on an old acer mini laptop with xp. No problems so far everything started and ran great. And then it quit recieving so I tried my cord and a differant program and then a differant computer and finally a differant tnc. Ended up being something in the tnc, I restored it and now it's working fine. Have only been running the new version for a couple of days but absolutely no problems so far with it. Will see what happens this week when I try to incorporate the weather station. 

Thanks for all your work on this. 
AB8XG


On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 5:50 PM, K3RWN
<rwnewbould@...> wrote:

I am thinking about giving it a go on an old XP Netbook.  Is there a way to copy the map files to the hard drive and for go the need for internet to permit map zooming?


Rich

On 5/10/2020 10:23 AM, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:

Most excellent.  The problem(s), if there were going to be any, would have been right at the start.  It would have either said something about this program not being able to run here or a missing .DLL preventing it from starting.

Glad to know I didn't bork anything this time!

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 5/10/2020 10:21 AM, wavetel1 wrote:
Lynn
 
Ive got a couple of old machines running XP . I just upgraded one and tried it. It appears to be ok. Its running AGW interface and also APRS internet feed to the servers. I have not done any long term tests but nothing appears to have faulted. It was using VK5AH-8
 
 
Tony VK5AH
 
 
 
 


Map Moving (was: 2020/05/09 21:57)

Lynn Deffenbaugh
 

Yes, just copy the entire tile tree from where it is and make sure the new config points to the directory where you copied it.

I find it best to zip up the tree and unzip on the other end since there are LOTS of files.

Once MbTiles integration is complete, it will be a lot easier.  I'm planning a migration pulling tile files into a newly create MbTiles database just to preserve what was already downloaded.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 5/10/2020 5:50 PM, K3RWN wrote:

I am thinking about giving it a go on an old XP Netbook.  Is there a way to copy the map files to the hard drive and for go the need for internet to permit map zooming?


Rich

On 5/10/2020 10:23 AM, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:

Most excellent.  The problem(s), if there were going to be any, would have been right at the start.  It would have either said something about this program not being able to run here or a missing .DLL preventing it from starting.

Glad to know I didn't bork anything this time!

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 5/10/2020 10:21 AM, wavetel1 wrote:
Lynn
 
Ive got a couple of old machines running XP . I just upgraded one and tried it. It appears to be ok. Its running AGW interface and also APRS internet feed to the servers. I have not done any long term tests but nothing appears to have faulted. It was using VK5AH-8
 
 
Tony VK5AH
 
 
 
 


Re: XP Users (Dev: 2020/05/09 21:57)

ab8xg
 

I am running it on an old acer mini laptop with xp. No problems so far everything started and ran great. And then it quit recieving so I tried my cord and a differant program and then a differant computer and finally a differant tnc. Ended up being something in the tnc, I restored it and now it's working fine. Have only been running the new version for a couple of days but absolutely no problems so far with it. Will see what happens this week when I try to incorporate the weather station. 

Thanks for all your work on this. 
AB8XG


On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 5:50 PM, K3RWN
<rwnewbould@...> wrote:

I am thinking about giving it a go on an old XP Netbook.  Is there a way to copy the map files to the hard drive and for go the need for internet to permit map zooming?


Rich

On 5/10/2020 10:23 AM, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:

Most excellent.  The problem(s), if there were going to be any, would have been right at the start.  It would have either said something about this program not being able to run here or a missing .DLL preventing it from starting.

Glad to know I didn't bork anything this time!

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 5/10/2020 10:21 AM, wavetel1 wrote:
Lynn
 
Ive got a couple of old machines running XP . I just upgraded one and tried it. It appears to be ok. Its running AGW interface and also APRS internet feed to the servers. I have not done any long term tests but nothing appears to have faulted. It was using VK5AH-8
 
 
Tony VK5AH
 
 
 
 


Re: XP Users (Dev: 2020/05/09 21:57)

K3RWN
 

I am thinking about giving it a go on an old XP Netbook.  Is there a way to copy the map files to the hard drive and for go the need for internet to permit map zooming?


Rich

On 5/10/2020 10:23 AM, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:

Most excellent.  The problem(s), if there were going to be any, would have been right at the start.  It would have either said something about this program not being able to run here or a missing .DLL preventing it from starting.

Glad to know I didn't bork anything this time!

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 5/10/2020 10:21 AM, wavetel1 wrote:
Lynn
 
Ive got a couple of old machines running XP . I just upgraded one and tried it. It appears to be ok. Its running AGW interface and also APRS internet feed to the servers. I have not done any long term tests but nothing appears to have faulted. It was using VK5AH-8
 
 
Tony VK5AH
 
 
 
 


Re: Weather Station Interface

Lynn Deffenbaugh
 

From the Wxnow.txt file linked to the Wiki: https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Wxnow.txt

The wxnow.txt file is created by Cumulus once a minute by default, in the Cumulus program folder, unless you have disabled it by setting

CreateWxnowTxt=0

in the [Station] section of Cumulus.ini. Below is the file format, simply for information.


Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 5/10/2020 1:06 PM, mkellync@... wrote:

Does anyone know if there a way to have a wxnow.txt file generated using cumulus weather software? 

my hardware is a Davis Pro2 setup. 


thanks,

Mike NZ4D 


Re: Weather Station Interface

John N5TIM
 

You might check out Weather Display. I have a lite version working with a Davis WMII. I'm a UI-View user and it works great. Haven't tried it with APRSISCE.

John - N5TIM

On 5/10/2020 12:06 PM, mkellync@... wrote:

Does anyone know if there a way to have a wxnow.txt file generated using cumulus weather software? 

my hardware is a Davis Pro2 setup. 


thanks,

Mike NZ4D 



Re: Weather Station Interface

Eric Weder
 

I did it for years. Sorry can’t be specific as my hardware is all in storage but it’s not difficult.

Eric
VE6EAW


On May 10, 2020, at 11:10, mkellync@... wrote:



Does anyone know if there a way to have a wxnow.txt file generated using cumulus weather software? 

my hardware is a Davis Pro2 setup. 


thanks,

Mike NZ4D 


Re: Weather Station Interface

NZ4D
 

Does anyone know if there a way to have a wxnow.txt file generated using cumulus weather software? 

my hardware is a Davis Pro2 setup. 


thanks,

Mike NZ4D 


Re: libCURL (Dev: 2020/05/09 21:57)

Rob Giuliano
 

Working here - no problems.
Panned around, used the Up/dowm arrows (like that!) with no problems.

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO

PS: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all mothers!

On Saturday, May 9, 2020, 10:09:43 PM EDT, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:


A new development release has been pushed out that includes two minor
changes:

1) Correct handling of satellite and lightning multilines if a { happens
to be in the !DAO!

2) Use libcurl instead of custom-coded HTTP/1.0 client for map tile
fetching.  MUCH faster as it uses HTTP/1.1 and re-uses server connections.

That second one is not only a dramatic performance boost for tile
fetching, but also lays the groundwork for being able to support https
tile sources  Of course, those will only happen from MbTiles files as
the old tile set definition has no way to specify the protocol to use. 
The MbTiles layout I'm using includes the full URL in the database, so
it will be able to support https (but it doesn't yet, so don't try it!).

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32





Re: XP Users (Dev: 2020/05/09 21:57)

Lynn Deffenbaugh
 

Most excellent.  The problem(s), if there were going to be any, would have been right at the start.  It would have either said something about this program not being able to run here or a missing .DLL preventing it from starting.

Glad to know I didn't bork anything this time!

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 5/10/2020 10:21 AM, wavetel1 wrote:
Lynn
 
Ive got a couple of old machines running XP . I just upgraded one and tried it. It appears to be ok. Its running AGW interface and also APRS internet feed to the servers. I have not done any long term tests but nothing appears to have faulted. It was using VK5AH-8
 
 
Tony VK5AH
 
 
 
 


Re: XP Users (Dev: 2020/05/09 21:57)

wavetel1
 

Lynn
 
Ive got a couple of old machines running XP . I just upgraded one and tried it. It appears to be ok. Its running AGW interface and also APRS internet feed to the servers. I have not done any long term tests but nothing appears to have faulted. It was using VK5AH-8
 
 
Tony VK5AH
 
 
 
 


Re: XP Users (Dev: 2020/05/09 21:57)

Ryszard Labus
 

Working well on virtual machine with XP.


W dniu 2020-05-10 o 10:33, Lynn Deffenbaugh pisze:
WinXP users of APRSIS32,

If you upgrade to the latest development version (2020/05/09 21:57), please let me know if it works.  The incorporation of CURL into the program required a new import library for wldap32 and, even though I told Visual Studio to build for XP compatibility, I have no XP machine on which to verify that it will still work.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 5/9/2020 10:09 PM, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:
A new development release has been pushed out that includes two minor changes:

1) Correct handling of satellite and lightning multilines if a { happens to be in the !DAO!

2) Use libcurl instead of custom-coded HTTP/1.0 client for map tile fetching.  MUCH faster as it uses HTTP/1.1 and re-uses server connections.

That second one is not only a dramatic performance boost for tile fetching, but also lays the groundwork for being able to support https tile sources  Of course, those will only happen from MbTiles files as the old tile set definition has no way to specify the protocol to use.  The MbTiles layout I'm using includes the full URL in the database, so it will be able to support https (but it doesn't yet, so don't try it!).

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32







-- 
SINUX Ryszard Labus
ul. Domaniewska 47/10 02-672 Warszawa
NIP: 548-138-01-53    tel: 666385002
          r.labus@...
http://sinux.pl   http://sinux.com.pl