Date   

Re: Where's Waldo going?

Min
 

Hi All

 

Not sure if this is going to help.

 

Correct the Kenwood TM D-710A does not have a GPS and putting in the GPS position and pressing “USE”  it will transmit in APRS mode on the TNC.

Do you need to change the rig from APRS mode to packet mode on the TNC setting?  Change from APRS12 to Packet12 and get the PC to intake the received data and send out the data.

Use the position when first setting up the program and turn off GPS “Enable” then “GPS Enable” to OFF.

 

I use the Kenwood 700 in TNC mode and have very little issues only the TNC and PC sometimes not talking.

 

Hope this sorts your problem.

 

Min Standen G0JMS

 

mins@...

07917 830 410

 

From: aprsisce@... [mailto:aprsisce@...]
Sent: 28 November 2018 22:11
To: Rob Giuliano kb8rco@... [aprsisce]
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Where's Waldo going?

 

 

Thank you, Rob. The Kenwood TM-D 710A that I have does not have GPS, depended on an external NEMA device. I have set the location in the APRS submenu to my QTH. I thought APRSISC would follow.

 

On Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 10:17:58 PM CST, Rob Giuliano kb8rco@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

 

 

 

I am not following your description:

  iGate is KD9EEE

  iGate is KD9EEE-1

 

I think your IGate is the APRSIS32 instance and your  DIGI is the D710?

The only way I know of changing the position in APRSIS32 is to ZOOM and Transmit, then asnwer "Yes" to "move 'Me' here", unless there is a GPS connected and you are using it. You can use this to move it back - if that is the insta nce with the issue.

 

As for the D710 - not familiar, so someone else can hopefully provide insight.  I do know there are 2 means of connecting to the D710 and one resets something in the radio (callsign I think).  Again, others with the radio might be able to help.

 

Robert Giuliano

KB8RCO

 


From: "Mark Dallner mark.dallner@... [aprsisce]" <aprsisce@...>
To: "aprsisce@..." <aprsisce@...>
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 10:10 PM
Subject: [aprsisce] Where's Waldo going?

 

 

I set up my digipeater and igate. Kenwood TM-D710A, Windows 7 pro running in a VMWare fusion VM. Everything WAS fine. Today I get home and my iGate thinks it is on the other side of Milwaukee. Don't remember setting up an separate lat/long location in APRSIS. The digipeater still show where it is supposed to be. iGate is KD9EEE and iGate is KD9EEE-1. Restarted both and I am still a bit confused as to why the discrepancy. 

 

I am a newbie at this. Needed and iGate in the SE portion of Milwaukee County.

 

Your help is appreciated. I am going to the manual, also.

 

Mark Dallner

KD9EEE

 


Re: Where's Waldo going?

Mark Dallner <mark.dallner@...>
 

Thank you, Rob. The Kenwood TM-D 710A that I have does not have GPS, depended on an external NEMA device. I have set the location in the APRS submenu to my QTH. I thought APRSISC would follow.

On Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 10:17:58 PM CST, Rob Giuliano kb8rco@... [aprsisce] wrote:


 

I am not following your description:
  iGate is KD9EEE
  iGate is KD9EEE-1

I think your IGate is the APRSIS32 instance and your  DIGI is the D710?
The only way I know of changing the position in APRSIS32 is to ZOOM and Transmit, then asnwer "Yes" to "move 'Me' here", unless there is a GPS connected and you are using it. You can use this to move it back - if that is the instance with the issue.

As for the D710 - not familiar, so someone else can hopefully provide insight.  I do know there are 2 means of connecting to the D710 and one resets something in the radio (callsign I think).  Again, others with the radio might be able to help.
 
Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO



From: "Mark Dallner mark.dallner@... [aprsisce]"
To: "aprsisce@..."
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 10:10 PM
Subject: [aprsisce] Where's Waldo going?

 
I set up my digipeater and igate. Kenwood TM-D710A, Windows 7 pro running in a VMWare fusion VM. Everything WAS fine. Today I get home and my iGate thinks it is on the other side of Milwaukee. Don't remember setting up an separate lat/long location in APRSIS. The digipeater still show where it is supposed to be. iGate is KD9EEE and iGate is KD9EEE-1. Restarted both and I am still a bit confused as to why the discrepancy. 

I am a newbie at this. Needed and iGate in the SE portion of Milwaukee County.

Your help is appreciated. I am going to the manual, also.

Mark Dallner
KD9EEE



Re: 2 beacons being generated [4 Attachments]

Lynn Deffenbaugh
 

The scrolling list on the left side of the window is not the APRS-IS packet stream, but is the total packet stream being processed by APRSISCE/32.  To see just the APRS-IS stream, you have to look at the Port(APRS-IS) scrolling log.

I suspect that if you bring up the Transmit scrolling log and enable it, you will find that the telemetry is in fact an internal (INT) packet.

If you don't want to see it in the scroller, then check Configure / Scroller / No Internals.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 11/28/2018 11:38 AM, Yatharth Verma halfcircle24@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hi Lynn/Robert,
I am seeing this packet in the APRS-IS packet stream window (print screen attached) for my primary station VU3NUF.

'Telemetry is controlled via Enables / Telemetry Enabled or via the Telemetry checkbox in a port definition dialog' - I have disabled the telemetry option both in Enables-->Telemetry Enabled and Ports-->APRS-IS (print screen attached) but this beacon is still showing up in the APRS-IS stream window.

Yatharth Verma
VU3NUF



On Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 8:28:30 PM GMT+5:30, Robert Bruninga bruninga@... [aprsisce] wrote:


 

That is the telemetry beacon.

 

From: aprsisce@... <aprsisce@...>
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 3:05 AM
To: APRSISCE Group <aprsisce@...>
Subject: [aprsisce] 2 beacons being generated

 




Hi!

When I click on transmit or let the beacons generate at the beacon interval, 2 beacons are being generated:

 

1. APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SWEDEN2:@162054h3043.84N/07647.85E-Hi de Baba! Chandigarh, INDIA... 73

 

2. APW10,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1:T#014,100,048,002,500,000,10000000

 

Is there a way to disable the 2nd beacon? This sometimes shows in aprs.fi as well, whereas at other times does not show.

 

Also, any neighbor packet which I receive does not ever show the 2nd beacon type in their regard. I wonder what setting has caused the 2nd beacon type to originate. About 2 weeks back, it was not there.

 

Yatharth Verma

VU3NUF






Re: 2 beacons being generated

Yatharth Verma
 

Hi Lynn/Robert,
I am seeing this packet in the APRS-IS packet stream window (print screen attached) for my primary station VU3NUF.

'Telemetry is controlled via Enables / Telemetry Enabled or via the Telemetry checkbox in a port definition dialog' - I have disabled the telemetry option both in Enables-->Telemetry Enabled and Ports-->APRS-IS (print screen attached) but this beacon is still showing up in the APRS-IS stream window.

Yatharth Verma
VU3NUF



On Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 8:28:30 PM GMT+5:30, Robert Bruninga bruninga@... [aprsisce] wrote:


 

That is the telemetry beacon.

 

From: aprsisce@... <aprsisce@...>
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 3:05 AM
To: APRSISCE Group <aprsisce@...>
Subject: [aprsisce] 2 beacons being generated

 




Hi!

When I click on transmit or let the beacons generate at the beacon interval, 2 beacons are being generated:

 

1. APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SWEDEN2:@162054h3043.84N/07647.85E-Hi de Baba! Chandigarh, INDIA... 73

 

2. APW10,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1:T#014,100,048,002,500,000,10000000

 

Is there a way to disable the 2nd beacon? This sometimes shows in aprs.fi as well, whereas at other times does not show.

 

Also, any neighbor packet which I receive does not ever show the 2nd beacon type in their regard. I wonder what setting has caused the 2nd beacon type to originate. About 2 weeks back, it was not there.

 

Yatharth Verma

VU3NUF





Re: 2 beacons being generated

Lynn Deffenbaugh
 

The ISS by itself doesn't beacon a location so it won't appear on the map.  However, I inject an ISS object every 2 minutes showing the orbital location of the ISS and the estimated RF footprint.  To see just this object, you would set your Configure / General / Range to zero (to not get things close to you) and Configure / General / Add Filter to o/ISS*.  (without the dot)  The * is necessary because the object filter expects 9 character object names.

Unfortunately, there are some stations that will sometimes inject an ISS-prefixed object that you may also see on your map until they time out.

Now, if by "...on the map is the ISS" you mean stations that have successfully been digipeated by the ISS, that's a question with a different answer.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 11/28/2018 8:39 AM, VO1UM ed.vo1um@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Is there a filter or a setting someone could post all I want to see on the map is the international space station.

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018, 8:35 AM 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:
 

I checked aprs.fi's raw packets for VU3NUF and do not see the telemetry (2nd) packet.  Where are you seeing this packet and for what station?

If it is in a trace log, it may be shown as (Int) which means an internal packet that is not currently being transmitted anywhere outside the client.

Telemetry is controlled via Enables / Telemetry Enabled or via the Telemetry checkbox in a port definition dialog.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 11/28/2018 3:05 AM, Yatharth Verma halfcircle24@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hi!
When I click on transmit or let the beacons generate at the beacon interval, 2 beacons are being generated:

1. APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SWEDEN2:@162054h3043.84N/07647.85E-Hi de Baba! Chandigarh, INDIA... 73

2. APW10,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1:T#014,100,048,002,500,000,10000000

Is there a way to disable the 2nd beacon? This sometimes shows in aprs.fi as well, whereas at other times does not show.

Also, any neighbor packet which I receive does not ever show the 2nd beacon type in their regard. I wonder what setting has caused the 2nd beacon type to originate. About 2 weeks back, it was not there.

Yatharth Verma
VU3NUF



Re: 2 beacons being generated

Robert Bruninga
 

That is the telemetry beacon.

 

From: aprsisce@... <aprsisce@...>
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 3:05 AM
To: APRSISCE Group <aprsisce@...>
Subject: [aprsisce] 2 beacons being generated

 




Hi!

When I click on transmit or let the beacons generate at the beacon interval, 2 beacons are being generated:

 

1. APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SWEDEN2:@162054h3043.84N/07647.85E-Hi de Baba! Chandigarh, INDIA... 73

 

2. APW10,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1:T#014,100,048,002,500,000,10000000

 

Is there a way to disable the 2nd beacon? This sometimes shows in aprs.fi as well, whereas at other times does not show.

 

Also, any neighbor packet which I receive does not ever show the 2nd beacon type in their regard. I wonder what setting has caused the 2nd beacon type to originate. About 2 weeks back, it was not there.

 

Yatharth Verma

VU3NUF





Re: Development version updae fail to download

Rob Giuliano
 

As far as I know, the only way to get the development version is through the "About" check.

If the download starts and fails, then it is most likely the things you are looking at:
1. Anti-Virus
2. Firewall
3. Proxy server - if at work or other location that will not allow this
4. ISP filter
5.  MAYBE:  Are you running more than one instance?
     I am pretty sure I tried this a while back and it still updated fro me though.

Do you get any other messages?
Can you check the APRSIS32.log for any messages?
 
Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO



From: "sgtrobison@... [aprsisce]"
To: aprsisce@...
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 10:22 PM
Subject: [aprsisce] Development version updae fail to download

 
I have been trying to update the development version of APRSIS to the 11/07/18 release since its release, but every time I attempt to download it results in a "download failed" message. Is there a link to manually download the most current version?. I have disabled my anti-virus and firewall with no luck. I also reverted back to the stable release, then enabled the development release again to no avail.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Les  N7GWT




Re: 2 beacons being generated

Mr Crane Vo1um
 

Is there a filter or a setting someone could post all I want to see on the map is the international space station.


On Wed, Nov 28, 2018, 8:35 AM 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:
 

I checked aprs.fi's raw packets for VU3NUF and do not see the telemetry (2nd) packet.  Where are you seeing this packet and for what station?

If it is in a trace log, it may be shown as (Int) which means an internal packet that is not currently being transmitted anywhere outside the client.

Telemetry is controlled via Enables / Telemetry Enabled or via the Telemetry checkbox in a port definition dialog.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 11/28/2018 3:05 AM, Yatharth Verma halfcircle24@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hi!
When I click on transmit or let the beacons generate at the beacon interval, 2 beacons are being generated:

1. APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SWEDEN2:@162054h3043.84N/07647.85E-Hi de Baba! Chandigarh, INDIA... 73

2. APW10,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1:T#014,100,048,002,500,000,10000000

Is there a way to disable the 2nd beacon? This sometimes shows in aprs.fi as well, whereas at other times does not show.

Also, any neighbor packet which I receive does not ever show the 2nd beacon type in their regard. I wonder what setting has caused the 2nd beacon type to originate. About 2 weeks back, it was not there.

Yatharth Verma
VU3NUF


Re: 2 beacons being generated

Lynn Deffenbaugh
 

I checked aprs.fi's raw packets for VU3NUF and do not see the telemetry (2nd) packet.  Where are you seeing this packet and for what station?

If it is in a trace log, it may be shown as (Int) which means an internal packet that is not currently being transmitted anywhere outside the client.

Telemetry is controlled via Enables / Telemetry Enabled or via the Telemetry checkbox in a port definition dialog.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 11/28/2018 3:05 AM, Yatharth Verma halfcircle24@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hi!
When I click on transmit or let the beacons generate at the beacon interval, 2 beacons are being generated:

1. APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SWEDEN2:@162054h3043.84N/07647.85E-Hi de Baba! Chandigarh, INDIA... 73

2. APW10,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1:T#014,100,048,002,500,000,10000000

Is there a way to disable the 2nd beacon? This sometimes shows in aprs.fi as well, whereas at other times does not show.

Also, any neighbor packet which I receive does not ever show the 2nd beacon type in their regard. I wonder what setting has caused the 2nd beacon type to originate. About 2 weeks back, it was not there.

Yatharth Verma
VU3NUF


2 beacons being generated

Yatharth Verma
 

Hi!
When I click on transmit or let the beacons generate at the beacon interval, 2 beacons are being generated:

1. APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SWEDEN2:@162054h3043.84N/07647.85E-Hi de Baba! Chandigarh, INDIA... 73

2. APW10,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1:T#014,100,048,002,500,000,10000000

Is there a way to disable the 2nd beacon? This sometimes shows in aprs.fi as well, whereas at other times does not show.

Also, any neighbor packet which I receive does not ever show the 2nd beacon type in their regard. I wonder what setting has caused the 2nd beacon type to originate. About 2 weeks back, it was not there.

Yatharth Verma
VU3NUF


Re: Where's Waldo going?

Rob Giuliano
 

I am not following your description:
  iGate is KD9EEE
  iGate is KD9EEE-1

I think your IGate is the APRSIS32 instance and your  DIGI is the D710?
The only way I know of changing the position in APRSIS32 is to ZOOM and Transmit, then asnwer "Yes" to "move 'Me' here", unless there is a GPS connected and you are using it. You can use this to move it back - if that is the instance with the issue.

As for the D710 - not familiar, so someone else can hopefully provide insight.  I do know there are 2 means of connecting to the D710 and one resets something in the radio (callsign I think).  Again, others with the radio might be able to help.
 
Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO



From: "Mark Dallner mark.dallner@... [aprsisce]"
To: "aprsisce@..."
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 10:10 PM
Subject: [aprsisce] Where's Waldo going?

 
I set up my digipeater and igate. Kenwood TM-D710A, Windows 7 pro running in a VMWare fusion VM. Everything WAS fine. Today I get home and my iGate thinks it is on the other side of Milwaukee. Don't remember setting up an separate lat/long location in APRSIS. The digipeater still show where it is supposed to be. iGate is KD9EEE and iGate is KD9EEE-1. Restarted both and I am still a bit confused as to why the discrepancy. 

I am a newbie at this. Needed and iGate in the SE portion of Milwaukee County.

Your help is appreciated. I am going to the manual, also.

Mark Dallner
KD9EEE



Development version updae fail to download

Archie Robison
 

I have been trying to update the development version of APRSIS to the 11/07/18 release since its release, but every time I attempt to download it results in a "download failed" message. Is there a link to manually download the most current version?. I have disabled my anti-virus and firewall with no luck. I also reverted back to the stable release, then enabled the development release again to no avail.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Les  N7GWT



Where's Waldo going?

Mark Dallner <mark.dallner@...>
 

I set up my digipeater and igate. Kenwood TM-D710A, Windows 7 pro running in a VMWare fusion VM. Everything WAS fine. Today I get home and my iGate thinks it is on the other side of Milwaukee. Don't remember setting up an separate lat/long location in APRSIS. The digipeater still show where it is supposed to be. iGate is KD9EEE and iGate is KD9EEE-1. Restarted both and I am still a bit confused as to why the discrepancy. 

I am a newbie at this. Needed and iGate in the SE portion of Milwaukee County.

Your help is appreciated. I am going to the manual, also.

Mark Dallner
KD9EEE


Re: clearing memory in Nuvi350

Michael Wright
 

It worked, thanks! There is one step between 1 and 2 (click Dispatch). This also cleared the lingering APRS stations.

I am going to write and tag side of 350 so long time from now I will have these steps handy (I'll forget everything 6 months from now).

another question for the group, anyone ever see your symbol, read the text and if you list a freq do they call you? Nobody has called me but I've called others from home (using aprsisce), one time I called this person on 146.52, "I see you are southbound 17 doing 70 mph!" (it's a 60 mph zone)

Mike K6MFW

--- aprsisce@yahoogroups.com wrote:

From: "Kjell Turner KD0BXJ@gmail.com [aprsisce]" <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com>

Greetings,

To delete the memory items:
1 Click Menu
2 Click My Locations
3 Click Delete All in lower right corner.
It will take several seconds to complete this task.

Hope this helps.


Re: ISS pass entry not being gated

Rob Giuliano
 

I think you are getting the message types confused.
 
Highlighted in green below is the "APRS Beacon" with position information (no statistics here) which is sent at the Beacon Interval:
APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SWEDEN2:@162054h3043.84N/07647.85E-Hi de Baba! Chandigarh, INDIA... 73

The other line (highlighted in yellow) is the statistics message which you are sending:
APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SWEDEN2:

Your station statistics are:
     Message Count (MSG_CNT=0)
     Local stations Count (LOC_CNT=0)
     Direct Station Count (DIR_CNT=0)
     RF Stations heard Count (RF_CNT=0)
That means "your station" did not hear any RF in the past hour.

I believe these "Statistics" are only sent via the internet, not RF. 
Lynn would have to verify.  He can tell you how to turn off.

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO





From: "Yatharth Verma halfcircle24@... [aprsisce]"
To: "Rob Giuliano kb8rco@... [aprsisce]"
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2018 12:39 PM
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] ISS pass entry not being gated

 
Hi!
The below are my station statistics which are sent at 1 hour intervals and found in the aprs.fi raw packets (fine, no issues):

APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SWEDEN2:@162054h3043.84N/07647.85E-Hi de Baba! Chandigarh, INDIA... 73

But below is the entry which is IGated just once during an ISS pass but is seen in the aprs.fi raw packets every hour:

APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SWEDEN2:

Any setting on APRSIS32 to stop this from showing on aprs.fi every one hour?

73 de Yatharth
VU3NUF
On Saturday, November 24, 2018, 10:08:07 PM GMT+5:30, Rob Giuliano kb8rco@... [aprsisce] wrote:


 
APRSIS.FI will receive the packet if gated.
The packets you seem to refer to are statistics about your station's IGATE activity.
 
Your station must be sending them at 1 hour intervals.

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO





From: "Yatharth Verma halfcircle24@... [aprsisce]"
To: aprsisce@...
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2018 2:56 AM
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] ISS pass entry not being gated

 
Hi!
Unchecking the Gridsquare option in Status Report under Configure, resolved my original problem of the ISS packet stream not showing up on aprs.fi. Thank you!

But now there's another problem - the ISS packet which was IGated once is showing up in the stream of RAW packets of aprs.fi every 1 hour. Shouldn't this packet be visible just one time, only as soon as it is IGated?

73 de Yatharth
VU3NUF


On Thursday, November 8, 2018, 4:08:15 AM GMT+5:30, 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce] wrote:


 
Ok, I'm assuming that the VU3NUF instance is the one using UZ7HO and a radio that is tuned to the ISS APRS frequency.

After checking your raw packets at the following URL, I would suggest that you not beacon your GridSquare in a status packet and (presumably) real coordinates in a normal beacon.  This will cause some APRS software to jitter your station between the imprecise GridSquare and the lat/lon coordinates.  In Configure / Status... simply uncheck the Status Report Enabled checkbox.

https://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=VU3NUF

How do you know that your received RS0ISS packet is not being gated?  Remember, the APRS-IS is dupe filtered, so if some other station gates the same packet that you received, you won't see it at aprs.fi.  You did not include a timestamp of any recently received RS0ISS packets, so we can't check the raw packets at the following URL to see if any other station gated one that you received.

https://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=RS0ISS&limit=1000&view=normal

If you check your IGate trace log, does it have anything in it?  Any packet gated from RF to the APRS-IS should appear in this trace log,   If you further have Enables / Logging / File Enabled, then all output to this trace log will appear in your APRSIS32.LOG files.  Simply search these logs for RFtoIS to see if anything has been gated.

There is NO filtering between RF reception and the APRS-IS per the specification.  If you receive a packet on an RF port and have a validated (proper passcode for your callsign) APRS-IS connection, the received packets WILL be delivered to your APRS-IS server.  What happens to them from there is up to the dupe suppression filter.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 11/7/2018 10:06 AM, Yatharth Verma halfcircle24@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hi!
Exactly 30 days ago I had asked the following:
My sound modem is able to decode the following string from an ISS pass:
1:Fm RS0ISS To CQ [13:37:20R] [+++]
>ARISS - International Space Station
but APRSIS32 is not gating it, where as I can see other users gated entries of the ISS from the same pass.

After a month of fiddling and observing I have found out that -
The ISS igate entries being shown in the stream are of some other pass

So now my question is that why is my ISS decoded string shown above not being gated?
1. My APRSIS32 beacons are shown in the IS stream
2. UZ7HO sound modem is working fine

Do I need to add any filter or edit the XML file for the format of the above shown string?

Kindly advice, am losing the plot..

73 de VU3NUF
Yatharth




Re: ISS pass entry not being gated

Lynn Deffenbaugh
 

When APRSISCE/32 is configured as an IGate (both an APRS-IS port and an RF port), the

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 11/26/2018 11:34 AM, Yatharth Verma halfcircle24@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hi!
The below are my station statistics which are sent at 1 hour intervals and found in the aprs.fi raw packets (fine, no issues):

APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SWEDEN2:@162054h3043.84N/07647.85E-Hi de Baba! Chandigarh, INDIA... 73

But below is the entry which is IGated just once during an ISS pass but is seen in the aprs.fi raw packets every hour:

APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SWEDEN2:

Any setting on APRSIS32 to stop this from showing on aprs.fi every one hour?

73 de Yatharth
VU3NUF
On Saturday, November 24, 2018, 10:08:07 PM GMT+5:30, Rob Giuliano kb8rco@... [aprsisce] wrote:


 
APRSIS.FI will receive the packet if gated.
The packets you seem to refer to are statistics about your station's IGATE activity.
 
Your station must be sending them at 1 hour intervals.

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO





From: "Yatharth Verma halfcircle24@... [aprsisce]"
To: aprsisce@...
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2018 2:56 AM
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] ISS pass entry not being gated

 
Hi!
Unchecking the Gridsquare option in Status Report under Configure, resolved my original problem of the ISS packet stream not showing up on aprs.fi. Thank you!

But now there's another problem - the ISS packet which was IGated once is showing up in the stream of RAW packets of aprs.fi every 1 hour. Shouldn't this packet be visible just one time, only as soon as it is IGated?

73 de Yatharth
VU3NUF


On Thursday, November 8, 2018, 4:08:15 AM GMT+5:30, 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce] wrote:


 
Ok, I'm assuming that the VU3NUF instance is the one using UZ7HO and a radio that is tuned to the ISS APRS frequency.

After checking your raw packets at the following URL, I would suggest that you not beacon your GridSquare in a status packet and (presumably) real coordinates in a normal beacon.  This will cause some APRS software to jitter your station between the imprecise GridSquare and the lat/lon coordinates.  In Configure / Status... simply uncheck the Status Report Enabled checkbox.

https://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=VU3NUF

How do you know that your received RS0ISS packet is not being gated?  Remember, the APRS-IS is dupe filtered, so if some other station gates the same packet that you received, you won't see it at aprs.fi.  You did not include a timestamp of any recently received RS0ISS packets, so we can't check the raw packets at the following URL to see if any other station gated one that you received.

https://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=RS0ISS&limit=1000&view=normal

If you check your IGate trace log, does it have anything in it?  Any packet gated from RF to the APRS-IS should appear in this trace log,   If you further have Enables / Logging / File Enabled, then all output to this trace log will appear in your APRSIS32.LOG files.  Simply search these logs for RFtoIS to see if anything has been gated.

There is NO filtering between RF reception and the APRS-IS per the specification.  If you receive a packet on an RF port and have a validated (proper passcode for your callsign) APRS-IS connection, the received packets WILL be delivered to your APRS-IS server.  What happens to them from there is up to the dupe suppression filter.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 11/7/2018 10:06 AM, Yatharth Verma halfcircle24@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hi!
Exactly 30 days ago I had asked the following:
My sound modem is able to decode the following string from an ISS pass:
1:Fm RS0ISS To CQ [13:37:20R] [+++]
>ARISS - International Space Station
but APRSIS32 is not gating it, where as I can see other users gated entries of the ISS from the same pass.

After a month of fiddling and observing I have found out that -
The ISS igate entries being shown in the stream are of some other pass

So now my question is that why is my ISS decoded string shown above not being gated?
1. My APRSIS32 beacons are shown in the IS stream
2. UZ7HO sound modem is working fine

Do I need to add any filter or edit the XML file for the format of the above shown string?

Kindly advice, am losing the plot..

73 de VU3NUF
Yatharth



Re: clearing memory in Nuvi350

Kjell Turner
 

Greetings,

To delete the memory items:
1 Click Menu
2 Click My Locations
3 Click Delete All in lower right corner.
It will take several seconds to complete this task.

Hope this helps.

Kjell
KD0BXJ


On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 10:49 PM 'Michael Wright' mfwright@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:
 

My Nuvi350 displays "full memory" which some time ago I was able to clear. Now I get this popup which now I cannot figure how to stop it. There is no SD card plugged into the unit (I cannot remember if I ever had one plugged in).

I do a clear data doing the holding finger on lower right (manual says upper right which has no effect) on powerup and then click yes to clear data.

pressing reset button on back also has no effect.

Connecting to computer, I see folders with various photos and maps but no "data."

also I still have stations on the map from previous use.

thanks in advance, Mike K6MFW


Re: ISS pass entry not being gated

Yatharth Verma
 

Hi!
The below are my station statistics which are sent at 1 hour intervals and found in the aprs.fi raw packets (fine, no issues):

APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SWEDEN2:@162054h3043.84N/07647.85E-Hi de Baba! Chandigarh, INDIA... 73

But below is the entry which is IGated just once during an ISS pass but is seen in the aprs.fi raw packets every hour:

APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SWEDEN2:

Any setting on APRSIS32 to stop this from showing on aprs.fi every one hour?

73 de Yatharth
VU3NUF

On Saturday, November 24, 2018, 10:08:07 PM GMT+5:30, Rob Giuliano kb8rco@... [aprsisce] wrote:


 

APRSIS.FI will receive the packet if gated.
The packets you seem to refer to are statistics about your station's IGATE activity.
 
Your station must be sending them at 1 hour intervals.

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO





From: "Yatharth Verma halfcircle24@... [aprsisce]"
To: aprsisce@...
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2018 2:56 AM
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] ISS pass entry not being gated

 
Hi!
Unchecking the Gridsquare option in Status Report under Configure, resolved my original problem of the ISS packet stream not showing up on aprs.fi. Thank you!

But now there's another problem - the ISS packet which was IGated once is showing up in the stream of RAW packets of aprs.fi every 1 hour. Shouldn't this packet be visible just one time, only as soon as it is IGated?

73 de Yatharth
VU3NUF


On Thursday, November 8, 2018, 4:08:15 AM GMT+5:30, 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce] wrote:


 
Ok, I'm assuming that the VU3NUF instance is the one using UZ7HO and a radio that is tuned to the ISS APRS frequency.

After checking your raw packets at the following URL, I would suggest that you not beacon your GridSquare in a status packet and (presumably) real coordinates in a normal beacon.  This will cause some APRS software to jitter your station between the imprecise GridSquare and the lat/lon coordinates.  In Configure / Status... simply uncheck the Status Report Enabled checkbox.

https://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=VU3NUF

How do you know that your received RS0ISS packet is not being gated?  Remember, the APRS-IS is dupe filtered, so if some other station gates the same packet that you received, you won't see it at aprs.fi.  You did not include a timestamp of any recently received RS0ISS packets, so we can't check the raw packets at the following URL to see if any other station gated one that you received.

https://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=RS0ISS&limit=1000&view=normal

If you check your IGate trace log, does it have anything in it?  Any packet gated from RF to the APRS-IS should appear in this trace log,   If you further have Enables / Logging / File Enabled, then all output to this trace log will appear in your APRSIS32.LOG files.  Simply search these logs for RFtoIS to see if anything has been gated.

There is NO filtering between RF reception and the APRS-IS per the specification.  If you receive a packet on an RF port and have a validated (proper passcode for your callsign) APRS-IS connection, the received packets WILL be delivered to your APRS-IS server.  What happens to them from there is up to the dupe suppression filter.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 11/7/2018 10:06 AM, Yatharth Verma halfcircle24@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hi!
Exactly 30 days ago I had asked the following:
My sound modem is able to decode the following string from an ISS pass:
1:Fm RS0ISS To CQ [13:37:20R] [+++]
>ARISS - International Space Station
but APRSIS32 is not gating it, where as I can see other users gated entries of the ISS from the same pass.

After a month of fiddling and observing I have found out that -
The ISS igate entries being shown in the stream are of some other pass

So now my question is that why is my ISS decoded string shown above not being gated?
1. My APRSIS32 beacons are shown in the IS stream
2. UZ7HO sound modem is working fine

Do I need to add any filter or edit the XML file for the format of the above shown string?

Kindly advice, am losing the plot..

73 de VU3NUF
Yatharth


Re: clearing memory in Nuvi350

hamradiojunk@...
 

Had an issue like this on a Nuvi 1490 a while ago.  Once you have the nuvi connected, look for a recycle folder on the nuvi.  You might need to open a command prompt to clear it. 

Good luck


clearing memory in Nuvi350

Michael Wright
 

My Nuvi350 displays "full memory" which some time ago I was able to clear. Now I get this popup which now I cannot figure how to stop it. There is no SD card plugged into the unit (I cannot remember if I ever had one plugged in).

I do a clear data doing the holding finger on lower right (manual says upper right which has no effect) on powerup and then click yes to clear data.

pressing reset button on back also has no effect.

Connecting to computer, I see folders with various photos and maps but no "data."

also I still have stations on the map from previous use.

thanks in advance, Mike K6MFW

3101 - 3120 of 36007