Re: Saturday Foxhunt

James Ewen

I'll work on that streamlined document tonight.

There's a bit better way to post DF objects than what you posted, but
I'm training a bunch of new employees currently.

James
VE6SRV

On 5/16/11, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:
The latest version of APRSISCE/32 has some better support for DFing.
The most visible being the highlight of where your cones overlap as
shown at http://tinyurl.com/3r676ps

Also, I can't get the full sequence written down here, but the creation
of objects has been streamlined using mouse clicks on the map. Maybe
James can resurrect his knowledge on it and let you know.

On 5/16/2011 9:53 AM, czajkaej wrote:
I just posted it, here is the link to it:
http://ki6psp.blogspot.com/2011/05/may-fox-hunt-in-indian-wells-valley.html

Objects posted to APRS-IS, origin: KI6PSP-3, or search for zip code 93555
Note: The site doesn't do the slices. See screenshot on my blog.

As for suggestions/recommendations:
Could we slipstream the data entering process with either a preset for
some values?
Could we auto name a DF object and increment a number at the end, and
pre-populate the data?

Sequence of events:
Configure, Objects, Create
Create Object at Center of Screen? Yes
Click "DF"
Set Bearing
Set Range
(Could be a setting pre-populate)
Set Quality
Click Accept
(Once you click accept, we could pull a value from the settings, and
append a number on the end, then use the result as the object name here)
Name the Object something unique
Set an Interval value greater than "0"
(Autoset to a settings value, like a default of 10)
Turn on either "Via-IS" or "Via-RF" or both
(Can we make this a setting that will preset)
Check the "Enabled" box
(If I am creating an object, don't I want to see it? Default enabled,
maybe)

Thank you Lynn for all your hard work, I had fun using this program for my
hunt. I can honestly say, I had a tactical advantage over the others on
this hunt, 1 was a good mapping system, the other was an antenna that
wouldn't collapse in the wind.

KI6PSP

--- In aprsisce@..., "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)"<kj4erj@...>
wrote:
Wonderful! Can you possibly enable your DF objects for APRS-IS
distribution and let us all see what real data looks like?

Please feel free to post an announcement here when the blog article is
posted as well. I'm sure more than just me wants to read how it works.

Finally, if you noticed anything that can be made better/smoother,
please post it here also.

On 5/15/2011 9:53 AM, czajkaej wrote:
The local club had a fox hunt this last Saturday, and I used APRSISCE32
in an ofline mode to isolate the general location, and I managed to
arrive about 20 minutes ahead of the others.

Thank You Lynn for accepting my suggestion, and adding RDF
functionality. I will be writing an article for the local club, and will
probably post it to my blog as well.

Http://ki6psp.blogspot.com

Ed
KI6PSP