objects not displaying on map

kc8sfq

OK, here's (probably) a dumb question. When I fire up APRSIS32, with my radio and TNC2 clone (MFJ1274) at first the map begins to populate with objects. as the session continues, eventually, all I see in the received stations window is my call (with red highlighting). I'll be willing to bet it's something dumb that I'm missing.

As an aside, at some point, I sometimes start a browser to check the wicki or e-mail, trying to answer one question or another. Will APRSIS32 run in the background.

When I look at the MFJ log, I see the traffic, preceded by "missing leading CO"

Thanks and 73 Ron