Re: Mobile with the TT4

Lynn Deffenbaugh

FOUND IT! I KNEW I had asked for a feature in the TT4 for this purpose. You want to run the TT4 in KISS mode and turn PKTOCOM to True!

Every packet generated by the TT4 will be sent to the KISS port "as if it were received from outside"! THAT will put your station reliably on the APRSISCE/32 map!

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Done. (I hope!)

K3RWN wrote:

I have made a few observations running /32 mobile and the TT4. First if I track myself I find that my track on APRS-FI shows many points that are not showing up on /32. I am thinking this can occur because I am being heard but not receiving the DIGI in the mobile. I have turned on WYPTXT on the TT4 which is supposed to update my position on the map regardless if I was heard or received. I am guessing that the WYPTXT feature on the TT4 is not working properly in KISS mode. I have no way of testing it in TEXT mode. I am going to make a post on the TT4 reflector to see if others have it working. Are there any other items I should be looking at that may be the issue?

I have to say that I love this program and I am having a ball playing with it. I have a ton of tiles for my area and the map detail is great. Lynn I cannot thank you enough for such a great APRS software package.

Rioch