Re: New Self-Updating Version Available!

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Gary Sanders wrote:

Committing to flash is apparently an all or nothing thing, as far as I can tell. However, it supports USB, and on another Thin Client I have a USB flash drive plugged in to archive weather data from the Peet Brothers weather station connected to it. So, I see no reason why the XML file couldn't be saved to it (other than the current requirement that ancillary files go into the same subdirectory that the program runs from) If I could specify a fully qualified path, it would probably work.
Just put the APRSIS32 directory on the flash drive and run the program from there. The XML will be in the same directory as the .EXE and they'll both be on the flash. Allowing you to specify a fully-qualified location to the XML file would still require the flash to be in all the time, so I don't see a difference.

Besides, if I let you configure an XML location, where would I get that location to read the configuration the first time? Chicken and Egg situation unless I let you put it on the command line....Hm, another ToDo list item!

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ