Re: Phone home

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Eric Sderman wrote:
About the topic of this thread. I just realized that if I have GPS
enabled and Tracking disabled, Im still being tracked by this UDP
packet.
Not for long. A relatively soon future update will eliminate this feature. The daily user base has grown to the point that I'm convinced that future development is definitely going to be worth my while. Not financially, the client will remain free, but from a "there's enough other people interested to keep me going" standpoint.

However, as long as you're using a cellphone, even for a data connection, your position can be tracked to a fairly high degree from cell tower reception and roaming reports.