Re: Map Clarity?

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Ah, so with OSM fetch disabled, the client was forced to sssstttttrrrrreeeeeettttttcccccchhhhhh the existing map panes which would certainly make them appear to be out of focus. That's actually a relatively new function, so I need to remember to suggest that when asked about maps. It used to be just fading them out that caused issues....

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

John Marranca, Jr wrote:

Nope....I see (again) what I did. OSM Fetch Enabled. I pick up on
key words that you use, then I go into the menu to find it.

Thanks AGAIN, Lynn.

John KB2HSH

On 3/9/10, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@arrl.net> wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by "focus" or resolution. You can fade the
maps in and out using the left/right arrow keys to control the
transparency. That might be what you're seeing. If you want to see the
raw maps, go to http://OpenStreetMap.org and browse/zoom around. Those
are exactly the same tiles that APRSISCE/32 retrieves and displays, but
I do play with transparency since the map is secondary to the displayed
APRS stations.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

kb2hsh wrote:
> Here's another one for you, Lynn:
>
> How do I get the map to "focus" better. I can just barely see FN02ox from
a wide view. I can make out Western New York at 92.9 mile resolution.