Re: Different location on APRSIS32 and APRS.fi

jandgandjochem <vk2jng@...>

That is correct. Beacons were sent from Kenwood 710 as stated in my first message.

The locations for the beacons of the Kenwood 710 in aprs.fi and aprsis32 differ a fair bit.

I have emailed you a screen clip showing both the APRS.fi and APRSIS32 maps.

I did not have you email address but took it from aprssig.tapr.

Also sent a message to your call via APRS (-12)

If you did not receive the email with the attachement then pls email me.

I was not able to attach the file using Yahoo.

Cheers,
Gerard
VK2JNG

I just looked at VK2JNG-12 raw packets and do not see any beacons that
originated from APRISCE or APRSIS32, only from the Kenwood in Mic-E.
Therefore we've got no guess as to where the client is showing you
relative to where aprs.fi is showing the Kenwood.

Are you running the two systems as the same -SSID? That's usually not a
good idea, but I suspect it is not the case here or we would see both
beacons in aprs.fi's raw packets.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

jandgandjochem wrote:
Hi all,
Just noticed that my location for VK2JNG-12 is showing different on the above mentioned maps.

Beacons are transmitted from the same 710 transceiver.

Gerard
VK2JNG