Re: Different location on APRSIS32 and APRS.fi

Lynn Deffenbaugh

I just looked at VK2JNG-12 raw packets and do not see any beacons that originated from APRISCE or APRSIS32, only from the Kenwood in Mic-E. Therefore we've got no guess as to where the client is showing you relative to where aprs.fi is showing the Kenwood.

Are you running the two systems as the same -SSID? That's usually not a good idea, but I suspect it is not the case here or we would see both beacons in aprs.fi's raw packets.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

jandgandjochem wrote:

Hi all,
Just noticed that my location for VK2JNG-12 is showing different on the above mentioned maps.

Beacons are transmitted from the same 710 transceiver.

Gerard
VK2JNG