From: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com [mailto:aprsisce@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Lynn W. Deffenbaugh
Sent: Sunday, 7 March 2010 3:07 p.m.
To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] TT4

Robin Williams wrote:

I have my laptop (zl3rew-8) hooked up to a TT4 running in kiss mode.
Seems to TX and RX fine.
The only issue is in the station pane on the left.
If a station is received via an iGate it shows the igate callsign not the stations callsign.
The stations appear on the map ok as normal.
Something i have done wrong?
I'm not sure what you mean "received via an iGate". Do you mean ones that
were gated from -IS to RF by an iGate? The scrolling station display shows
the fromCall of the actual received packet, be it from -IS or RF. In the
case of an -IS to RF gated packet, the iGate is actually the sender that you
received. The originator of the packet is contained behind the 3rd party
header. It will show properly both in the popup and on the map.

I intended the scrolling log to be a snapshot of the station's you're
actually hearing. The * means you've heard THAT station via RF, not
necessarily the packet originator which could become very misleading if I'd
put a * beside that callsign. You'd think you've gotten some extreme DX
reception via RF.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ