Re: TM-D710 support

Lynn Deffenbaugh

James Ewen wrote:
On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 12:22 AM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@arrl.net> wrote:

If you put the D710 into Converse mode, do the monitor and GPS packets
continue to come out? That should eliminate the CMD: prompt and allow
APRSISCE/32 to transmit beacons, messages, and telemetry.
I'm not sure if you can get to converse mode in that mode. It's
designed as an output port from the APRS application, not really an
interactive port. Converse mode would mean that the TNC is in Packet
mode.
I was under the impression that you were in normal TNC mode hence the Cmd: prompt that kept interleaving with the data. I pulled the Kenwood documentation before asking the question. I'll keep this on the ToDo list and work with you when I get closer to it.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ