From: aprsisce@... [mailto:aprsisce@...] On Behalf Of Lynn W. Deffenbaugh
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 10:17
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Re: Minor details.

Just play around with the SlippyMap browser at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/ with Cycle Map selected on the upper right
corner and you'll see why I don't have that as a publicized option. WAY
too many chunks of the country that simply disappear into white tiles
when you zoom in. Just SW of Winston Salem in the Carolinas as well as
the East Coast of Florida just don't seem to exist at the lower levels
of Cycle Map.

I also discounted Osmarender due to the density of "stuff" on the map.
The APRS stations just got lost in the clutter.

I'll see about providing configuration assistance to switch the tile
server and URLs to these various options, but I'll be keeping Mapnik as
the default option.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ