Re: Top left rectangle

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Francisco,

Thanks for the input, but -SSID standards, I've got a handle on (http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/ssids). That reference is newer than Bob's 2004 page.

My comment was on SSn-N standards which are regional extensions to the WIDEn-N paradigm (http://www.aprs.org/fix14439.html). Look for:

*_Fix #4: THE NEW STATE SSn-N PATH FOR STATE/SECTIONS or REGIONS:
_*
We've all become familiar with WIDE1-1 and WIDE2-1 or WIDE2-2, but the SSn-N path aliases don't seem to have any other description other than on that page (at least, from what I've been able to find).

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

franmargue wrote:

About SSIDs standards:
The last standard I found from Bob is in http://www.aprs.org/aprs11/SSIDs.txt
But in IARU Region I there is a recomendation to use a similar approach in document "CT08_C5_33 NRRL Common standards for APRS".
A copy of that doc is my page http://ct1akv.cidadevirtual.pt/CT08_C5_33%20NRRL%20Common%20standards%20for%20APRS.pdf.
The recomendation is: "Although in the early 1990's there were some specific SSID definitions for raw NMEA GPS data, those SSID's are no long needed. However, the APRS community has found it useful to encourage users to consider a few simple SSID's as it makes rapid callsign recognition possible. The most commonly used are:
SSID Function
-6 Satellite or special applications
-7 TH-D7 or other handheld applications
-8 Boats (Maritime Mobile)
-9 Stations primarily mobile
-10 Internet only applications
-11 Balloons
-14 Large multi-wheel trucks
Remarks:
- SSID -1 to -4 are normally used when having more ports/frequencies on the same Digipeater or home callsign.
- A standalone Digipeater does not require a SSID, as the assigned callsign would normally clearly indicate what kind of installation we are talking about"

(Francisco Guerra - CT1AKV)

I'm not going to get into the political war of what's a "valid" path and what's not. I'm still trying to find a list of the SSn-N "standards".

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

Fred Hillhouse wrote:

How about a color for those stations running a bogus path? Like RELAY or WIDE 3-3?
Best regards,
Fred