Re: Anyone using a TNC and have it working?

Lynn Deffenbaugh

"Local" is within 2 used hops, regardless of the n in the WIDEn-N. I considered looking at that, but is a WIDE2* 2 used hops or 1? There's no way to know if it started as WIDE2-2 or WIDE2-1. So I just count the used hops and call 2 the limit. Eventually that'll be configurable by RF port.

"Recent" is heard via some RF port within the last 30 minutes. Again, that'll eventually be configurable.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

James Ewen wrote:

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 12:25 PM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@arrl.net> wrote:

Local shows just those that the client considers "Local", and Direct
shows those heard with no used path components.
What defines local? Within a specific number of hops? Or just anything
heard via RF?

James
VE6SRV