A Question on Locked Tracking and Track Lines

Gary Sanders

Is there a provision to decay the track line from the display after some period of time? For example, erase the oldest line segment of a given track after 30 minutes (or some programmable amount of time).

Or, if tracking all those track points would get out of hand, just do it like uiview and display the last "X" number of segments (or positions, in the case of uiview).

I'm thinking of putting aprsisce32 on my home server, running continuously in Locked Tracking mode. I need the track lines, but for a frequently repeated route, the tracks would continuously overwrite.

I currently use uiview32 this way, and the decaying of the previous positions works well for this application.

Gary Sanders
WB0BZR