Re: xml file and Vista

andy_g0mni

Hi Lynn I have used note pad to edit and saved the altered file I just had to zoom into the location that I wanted clicked on screen selected prefered and save and now when I start its at my home location thanks for your help

andy_g0mni wrote:
Hi I am running the win32 version of aprsisce and after editing the xml file, aprsisce either refuses to run or writes a new xml file so I cannot change either my location or symbol.My OS is Vista Home edition
You must use a plain text editor to edit the XML file. After editing,
open the file in Internet Explorer and see if it reports any errors.
Also, in the current version, you cannot use a symbol of & (black
diamond G or with overlay) as my config saver fails to XML-encode it.
The next version will allow that symbol to be used.

If this doesn't help, please send me a copy of your original XML file
and the one you've edited (copied before the client overwrites it, of
course). to KJ4ERJ@...