Re: Need help

Lynn Deffenbaugh

jandgandjochem wrote:
Hi all,
Just downloaded the latest version of APRSIS (32) and tunning it under Vista Home premium.
Greetings, and welcome to APRSIS32!

All seems ok but I have not much of an idea yet of what to do.

Is there a help file somewhere so that I can read up on.
Not yet. The only description is in the .TXT file that is in the files section of the Yahoo group and (I think) was e-mailed to you when you joined the group.

Can't get myself on the map yet??
Have you entered in an APRS-IS password and followed the on-screen instructions to zoom in on your home location on the first execution? What does the program say in the top center or top left. It should say "APRS OK". What -SSID did you configure into the program.

Trying to use it with my Kenwood 710.
What connection are you using to the 710? Did you configure the correct COM port and baud rate under Configure / KISS? Is the 710 in KISS mode?

I'd suggest getting the APRS-IS functions working first and then we can work on the RF side of things.

Thanks heaps,

Gerard
VK2JNG