Re: Another program recommended for Windows 7?

kb0npw <kenny@...>

Lynn, I am learning more and more with your program as I play around with it. I'm still trying to figure out how to set my home position correctly. I guess I can edit the xml file, because it put me in the wrong place, and I can't seem to figure out how to correct it.

The maps are cool. I have dialup, so it took me a bit to get a bunch of tiles downloaded. But the resolution is way better than anything I'm used to seeing with APRS.

This may sound like a stupid question, but I'm new with this so bear with me. Is this all internet based stuff that I am seeing or does the software actually use my TNC for RF stuff too?

Thanks and 73,

Kenny

Kenny, (Moving the off-topic post out of UI-View)

Glad the program works for you. You mentioned making "some more maps",
but with APRSISCE/32 the maps are automatic. I've got a ToDo item to
support user-created maps, but currently it will only display maps from
OpenStreetMap.org. If you're going to be operating off-line, you can
use "Screen / Map / Prefetch" to download a bunch of map tiles before
going offline. See http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/map-prefetch for more
information.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

kb0npw wrote:
--- In ui-view@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <ldeffenb@> wrote:

You could try APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32. Join the Yahoo
Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/APRSISCE/

It doesn't do as much as UI-View (yet) nor does it support plug-ins, but
it works well on Windows 7.
Lynn, I downloaded your software, and in less than 30 seconds, had it up and running with no issues. You have a great little gem there! I will definitely be playing with it some more, and attempting to find or make some more maps.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled UI-View32 about 5 times now, and never have gotten it to work. I've tried installing as administrator and as user. I've tried running it as administrator and as user. I've tweaked just about every setting under the properties for the shortcut, and nothing ever works. It's aggravating for sure.

Kenny