Re: Faded map

Fred Hillhouse

Is this a screen brightness or contrast setting?

I adjusted this in the car hoping it would help with night vision a bit. I am not sure of my impression yet. I was able to change the angle of the LCD to adjust what I would call contrast.

A "night vision" screen would be nice but unlike other software where the background is not fixed this might be difficult.

Anyway, finding new things to like about the software. One thing that I don't care for is a having to restart when a setting is changed. I added TEXT and was not seeing anything, then realized I had to ENABLE it but couldn't until I closed and reopened the program.

Keep up the good work Lynn!

Best regards,
Fred

Left/Right arrows dim and brighten the background maps. If you dim it
down the whole way, the client switches from the Mercator Projection to
a distance and bearing from your centered station. Looks pretty
interesting when zoomed out a fair amount on a full feed.

rixseacord wrote:
Hi gang
I just downloaded and installed the latest version of aprsisce and it looks pretty good.
However, on my system the map is very light.
I there some setting to correct this?
Thanks much
Rix