From: aprsisce@... [mailto:aprsisce@...] On Behalf Of Lynn W. Deffenbaugh
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2010 14:09
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] locked on GPS location option

There are three different map modes that are not currently well indicated.

1) Dragged and the user is in control. The map will only move when you
move it. This mode is entered automatically any time you drag the map
somewhere, on purpose or inadvertently.

2) Centering on a station. This is done when you select Center from the
popup menu of a station. In Win32, you can also right-click on a
station to enter this mode. Of course, just because Center is checked,
if you're in mode 1, the map won't move.

3) Centering on self. This is done by double-clicking the GPS Heading,
which, unfortunately in the current release isn't there any more unless
the GPS is configured and Enabled. I believe you can also get to this
mode by unchecking the Center checkmark of whatever you're centering on
now. I'v GOT to get some visual indication or at least a menu option to
get this accomplished.

Double-clicking on the GPS heading (which may not be there any more)
does the following in sequence:

1) If in dragged map mode, recenter and follow the centered station.

2) If centered on a station that isn't me, center and follow Me.

3) There is no third...

Also, double-clicking the map scale will return the map to the Preferred
View if you've saved one. This will also put you into mode 1 as if you
had dragged the map to that position.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Feeling a real quick release coming on for this one!