Re: Map Prefetch & Saving

Lynn Deffenbaugh

m6xsd wrote:
I don't suppose you could write a 'trap' in your software that warns you that the location of the 'OSMTiles' could not be found and prompt you to browse for the location?.
Interesting idea. I'll put it on the ToDo list and see what I can do. Watch for it in some future release notes because I might not remember who it was that has the environment to field-test such a "feature".

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

73,
Colin
M6XSD.

m6xsd wrote:

Hi Lynn,

How do I move the location of the OSMtiles with the CE version?, since I don't have enough memory (& nor does the iPaq:S) to keep it in 'My Documents' and need toput it on an SD/CF Card.
When you first installed the client, it should have prompted for the location of the OSMTiles directory tree. At that point, you could put it anywhere, but since you've already fetched up some tiles, you can change its location by editing the XML file. You're looking for the <OSM.Path> element. You're on your own as to the syntax of fully-qualified paths on WinMo, though.

An easier way might be to rename the XML file, start the client, specify the new location, close the client, and copyo the <OSM.Path> element from the new file to the old file and move the existing tiles to that new directory.

If that's not clear, then the next easiest way would be to just delete the XML file and delete the existing OSMTiles directory tree. Then start the client, reconfigure it, and put the OSMTiles where you want it to be and suffer through the new fetches of the "local" tiles.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

73,
Colin
M6XSD.

--- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Bradley Haney" <kc9gqr@> wrote:

In a car. I normally have my igate running but been having some internet trouble. Should have it a running full time by the end of the weekend. How do I save maps. So I don't have to have a data connection all the time. Brad
Sent from my BlackBerry