Re: New Zoom Poll/Feature request

Noel Shrum

On 02/18/2010 11:14 AM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh wrote:
Noel Shrum wrote:
My HTC Touch Pro 2 has a zoom bar on the face of the phone, and it would
be REALLY nice to be able to use that to zoom the map.
It'd be very handy to not need to slide the keyboard open to zoom.
Any idea what the zoom bar tells Windows when you use it? Not having
access to a Touch Pro 2 makes it difficult to develop for such
platform-specific features. I might build a simple test program that
captures windows messages between the time you click a start and stop
button so that I can capture a trace of what the slider does. If it
provides anything remotely standard, I can probably support it.
I'm game!

There are a bunch of new phones coming out that lack the D-Pad on the
face of the phone (they are the WVGA and WQVGA phones).
I'm also considering using the number keys to do various features like
pan and zoom. But then, the phones that are doing away with the D-Pad
probably already don't have a keyboard either....
It seems like there is quite a few of the new HTC phones are doing that.

Does the Touch Pro 2 have a rocker on the side like the Tilt/TyTn II?
If so, that already does zoom as it provides up/down messages to the
running program.
The TP2 only has volume, send, end, windows, and back keys on it with
out sliding the keyboard out.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

Noel
W8TVI