Revenge of the pop-ups

g4ilo

I took APRSISCE into the hills again and got this annoying message that pops up all the time saying that the "remote modem disconnected" or something like that. I noticed that the data icon had an X against it so I assume that it occurs because data coverage disappears when you are in some remote locations.

The trouble with this message is that it won't go away. As fast as you dismiss it it appears again, so you can't even change any settings or close the application. Is it possible that APRSISCE could detect when the data connection is lost and suspend the APRS-IS connection for a period, instead of keep on trying to send data which I presume is the cause of this death by pop-up messages?

Julian, G4ILO