Re: APRSISCE Compatible Devices?

zl1vfo

Yep,

My GPS was fairly easy to do.
With the GPS powered up, I poked around all the components pads with an oscilloscope until I found a repetitive, 'RS232' looking signal, then wired it up to a buffer or inverter/buffer and fed it to hyperterminal. When you get the right speed, and the right pad, you see NMEA appear in Hyperterminal.

I have another USB GPS, a BU353, but while I have found several 'RS232' looking signals in that one, none of them make anything appear in hyperterminal, inverted or non-inverted.

Oh well, win some, lose some...

73,
Ian ZL1VFO

--- In aprsisce@..., "g4ilo" <julian.g4ilo@...> wrote:

http://www.primianotucci.com/default.php?view=28
http://www.qsl.net/zl1vfo/gps/gps.htm

Julian, G4ILO

--- In aprsisce@..., "w7boz" <w7boz@> wrote:

Also, I have a Garmin Streetpilot I3 that is very small. It would be perfect for recieve. But it is USB. I opened it up and looks like there may be serial output before the USB. Has anyone modified one of these or similar?