Re: Setup problem

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Colin,

m6xsd wrote:
Sorry Lynn,
No apologies are necessary!

My reply was badly worded, I was only refering to the CE version.
I was unsure which Win32 versions worked perfectly regarding non-GPS (I know I had 'issues' which you solved in the latest version), so I didn't mention Win32.
I was just trying to be helpful but failed dismally:(.
You're statement was correct as far as it went. I was just further clarifying it for the Win32 users out there that were also suffering from my inadvertent bust of a feature that was working for them (beaconing a fixed position in a non-GPS installation).

Please, everyone, keep up the suggestions and don't hesitate to offer support as you feel inspired. That's what "community" is all about. And also, please never take offense at whatever responses might come back. I truly appreciate all of the assistance in responding quickly to questions, and (contrary to recent appearances), I can't be at the keyboard all the time. And sometimes my responses may seem curt, but usually that's because I'm pressed for time but want to get a response out there.

If I ever DO have a problem with something that is posted (and I seriously doubt I ever will), I'll take it off the list to discuss it to a resolution. Everything I post publicly here is intended to clarify, not criticize, so please take it in that light.

Working together, we can get everyone up and running as well as help me identify the features to come and continue to improve the usability of the program.

73,
73 and you all have a Wonderful Day!

Colin
M6XSD.

m6xsd wrote:

Yep,I'm pretty sure the non-GPS Static Beacon only works on the latest CE version.
I can't wait until Lynn gets NMEA GPS over Bluetooth working.
Actually, non-GPS static beacon works in the latest version of both Windows Mobile and CE. About should show Built: 2010/02/12 14:51 for this to work. Also, Enables/Tracking Enabled must be checked.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ