Re: password

James Ewen

The shorter (5 digit) code with only 3 unique numbers in it is your unique passcode for APRS-IS access.

If you:
One of the APRSISCE/32 moderators will send you your passcode again.

James
VE6SRV

On Mon, Mar 7, 2022 at 8:38 AM <kb5nmb@...> wrote:
Good morning James and thanks for the quick response. I have the activation code which is a really long number as well as the server connect number I was given when I originally started using UI-View many years ago. I probable need to verify the code before moving forward so I can see if that is correct. Could someone in the group send it to me please. If that is correct then my logon problem is somewhere else so I will need to start digging again lol. Thanks again James.

Jeff Clingan
kb5nmb

On Mar 7, 2022, at 9:26 AM, James Ewen <ve6srv@...> wrote:

UI-View had an activation code, and it also used the standard APRS-IS hash code based off of your callsign. The callsign hash code is always the same in all APRS software, so you can reuse that code with APRSISCE/32.

If you don't recall your APRS-IS hash code, you can request it be sent to you off this list.

Follow the instructions provided.

James
VE6SRV

On Mon, Mar 7, 2022 at 7:07 AM <kb5nmb@...> wrote:
Good morning to the group,

I’am currently rebuilding my home APRS station after being of the air for several years. The old station was Ui-View on Win7, which I should have left alone lol, but not thinking what I was doing I updated the pc to Win10 for some other purposes before deciding to put APRS back on the air. I have got most everything operating that from my reading will work on the newer os. I believe that I’am going to need a new login for the system as my old UI-View server login number does not seem to work as it should. I do work with the local EM and need to be able to log onto the firenet aprs2 server and that does not work at all. I’am not sure if my reasoning on this is correct so any help or suggestions would be appreciated as to needing a new password or maybe I’am not doing something right since things have evolved greatly over the last few years while I have been inactive.

Thanks,
Jeff Clingan
kb5nmb