Re: Specific Paths for RFOnly.

James Ewen

Dan,

Where are you putting NOGATE in your outbound path?

Put it at the end. I suspect you have it as the first hop.

Digipeaters look at the first unused hop request. If NOGATE is the first hop request, then you will need to have a misconfigured digipeater act upon the NOGATE alias.

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 08:40 James Ewen via groups.io <ve6srv=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Rob,

You can be sure of the path taken by observing the used path elements in the received packet.

Of course this means actually looking at the packets received, but if Dan is interested in experimenting like this, then he and his buddy will need to be doing just that.

I am interested in hearing why Dan is trying this experiment.

Much more fun than just the usual “I want to tell the world the temperature in my back yard every 5 minutes.” type of stuff.

Experimenting on RF is the heart of amateur radio!

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 07:26 Rob Giuliano via groups.io <kb8rco=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Probably a good idea, if you want it to be RF only.
Otherwise, you can't be sure.

Rob KB8RCO

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 9:19 AM, Dan Hurd
<dan@...> wrote:
Should I have NOGATE in my path to insure it doesn't get gated at the first DIGI ? (These are big wide area digi's that all igate also)

Dan W5DMH

--
James
VE6SRV