Re: KWD TM-D710G connection to accept Davis VP2 output?

Greg D

How is "CWOP" compared to / separate from "Firenet"?

I get my random Wx data from there. Firenet.us, port 14580.

Greg KO6TH

KD7YZ Bob wrote:

Roger Lynn's description of the excessive data.

So, take these three stations I see on my Screen.
K8WEH, WV8BRW, K8RRT.

They have a Wx icon; they have wind-speed, direction and Temperature.
In the beginning, all I said I want to do is put that data up.
I learned it was not possible with the D710GA.
It is not possible, according to Davis Tech Support, to have BOTH the Wx-logger IP as well as an output to the kenwood ... or anything else for that matter.

I learned it's useless to try to use the data that I ship to CWOP/APRS due the the shear volume of data resident at any moment.

Davis said I "could" purchase another Wx station and have it put out to the D710 but only if I designed an adapter to go from the us232 to a 2.5mm three-point plug to the radio.

So what method is left?