Re: Install on Windows Mobile 6

mpleam@...

Hi

I understand your comment, but as there are LOADS of redundant cell/mobile phones and other devices running WIndows Mobile (not CE), its an ideal opportunity to reappropriate them - why would I want to tie up a computer for this (I assume thats why Lynn wrote a version for Windows Mobile) when I can use hardware that has much lower overhead in terms of power, etc.

Anyway, I only wanted to see if anyone knew how I could install onto my WM device without going through the hoops I am currently. Ultimately, the app works even though it has to run from the documents folder.

If anyone can suggest a way to get it to install 'properly', great! If not, I will keep running it 'as is' - my iGate seems to function in this state, so maybe it doesn't matter...

73 DE G8XQB

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 2:12 PM Rob Giuliano via groups.io <kb8rco=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Since Windows CE is very outdated and unsupported by MS, I am not sure if any of the newer versions of APRSIS32 have been compiled in that version.
The download page shows it as from 2012.

I am not sure there are very many people 'in the know' about running on the old Windows Mobile platforms.

On Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 8:23:47 AM EDT, mpleam@... <mpleam@...> wrote:

Hi

Apologies if this duplicates previous posts but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

I am trying to install onto a Motorola MC35 running Windows Mobile 6. No matter what I tried, I could not install via ActiveSync (installed on a Win XP box), so in the end I copied the APRSISCE6P.exe file onto the storage card and tried to install from there. Although the app seems to have installed, it has ended up in the My Documents folder of the mobile device, and there is no entry in Programs - is this normal behaviour or am I being a total idiot and missing something really obvious? Any assistance in installing the app correctly will be most gratefully received!

Regards

Mark
G8XQB