Re: My Bluetooth Mobilink TNC 2 issue

Lynn Deffenbaugh

How about the rest of the answers?

You didn't mention exactly what you expect to be picking up your transmissions, nor how you know they are not being picked up.

Do you believe that radio and antenna combination will actually reach whatever you expect to be receiving your packets.

When you tell APRSISCE/32 to transmit, does the Mobilink TNC actually key up the radio?  Have you listened to the packet bursts on another radio to confirm that some audible signal is actually going out over the air? - This is different than the Mobilink config program just keying the radio.

And what is the callsign-SSID configured in your APRSIS32 instance? - At least this one appears to be VA7DGP which was last heard via the APRS-IS yesterday.

On 6/8/2021 2:23 PM, Don Poaps wrote:
Sorry, Duh!

Alinco DR 605 using Ham Made cable with RF 45 to Mic and speaker. I
can pick up local stations.
I can use the Mobilink Bluetooth config program and key the radio. I
see the Bluetooth TX radio.
I then switched the radio and went to use my Woxum HT with the
Bluetooth tnc. I get the same issue.

The weird thing is that this HT work for quite a while. I switch to
the Alinco and it worked great. I started getting messages via email
that my station was seen. This morning I switched back to the HT. I'm
having the same issues as Alinco.

I have another Bluetooth TNC I'll bring and replace. It's really weird
that lately TX side doesn't work. I did do a reset on the TNC.

I'll remove the 12 v 110 Power and run directly from the 12 v battery
to see if they're some sort of RFI interfering with the TX.

back to the drawing board.

73

Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@winlink.org
Subject://wl2k

ALLSTAR 530780
HH# 5971
HH# 11384
Alberta Mesh# 5404

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 11:08 AM Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@arrl.net> wrote:
You didn't mention exactly what you expect to be picking up your
transmissions, nor how you know they are not being picked up.

We would also need to know what radio you have connected to the Mobilink
and whether you believe that radio and antenna combination will actually
reach whatever you expect to be receiving your packets.

But a more basic question is: When you tell APRSISCE/32 to transmit,
does the Mobilink TNC actually key up the radio? Have you listened to
the packet bursts on another radio to confirm that some audible signal
is actually going out over the air?

And what is the callsign-SSID configured in your APRSIS32 instance?

On 6/8/2021 2:00 PM, Don Poaps wrote:
I have a Mobilink TNC which has been working for a while. Lately, the
TX part is not being picked. I can see tracers showing what appears to
be RF reaching out to a digipeater.
I see the scroller with * by the stations sending off there data. I
see the Mic e and SMSGTE messages etc. For some reason my data is not
picked up.

73

Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC