Re: ToCall(s) for SCS PTCx, Dragon etc.

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Julian,

ToCalls are typically issued to the device or software that is actually implementing the protocol and generating the APRS packets.  Is your request for the SCS PTC modem that internally generates and transmits APRS packets, or is it for software that is actually generating the packets and transmitting them through an SCS PTC modem in KISS or a similar mode?

And where does "Dragon" come into the picture as you only mentioned it in the subject and not the body of your message?

On 4/2/2021 1:25 PM, Julian wrote:
Hi.
I am sorry to post this topic here cause it is not related to APRSIS32 software (well, I guess, unless an SCS modem is used in KISS mode with APRSIS32). I hope group moderators/owners do not mind. I have seen Robert Bruninga active on this group and I was wondering whether he could help with a ToCall for SCS PTC modems. I had opened a similar topic on the APRS group, but after a quick 'WB4APR' search in the group messages I realised Bob is not active there.
Best regards, 73 de J, MØIPU YOЗFCA