Re: Not being heard (was APRS new passcode please)

Rob Giuliano

Is HAMBRG running APRSIS32?
If so, the callsign that is sent to APRS-IS along with a matching passcode is the one in from
   >Menu >Configure >General >Client Configuration >MyCall
which appears to be HAMBRG.

I am pretty sure that is how APRSIS32 works, is that information is sent to the APRS-IS server for verification.  Since HAMBRG is not a valid callsign, there is no passcode for it, and I would guess the APRS-IS server you log into is rejecting it.

If you change HAMBRG to W5GIF-1 (or your choice of SSID) and use the passcode Steve sent, it should work as you expect.  Lynn would have to answer if there is a way to add an change the label viewed on maps.

On Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 12:17:41 PM EDT, BILL GIFFORD <billgifford608@...> wrote:

I have not seen where I put HAMBRG on the internet. It’s having to wait for others to do so. I feel I have something not set correctly? I’m so close I thought it would see my setup first

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 11:13 AM Rob Giuliano <kb8rco@...> wrote:
I checked on aprs.fi and saw:
  W5GIF <Home icon> WNW of Hamburg
  HAMBRG <Start N icon> in Hamburg => callsign is only in the comment.

So it looks like both stations are being IGATEd to the internet.
So what is it that isn't seeing you?

On Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 11:59:39 AM EDT, BILL GIFFORD <billgifford608@...> wrote:

I have an APRS station at HAMBURG AR. (HAMBRG) I wanted to have an IGate to put that station on the internet. Did I mis something

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 10:50 AM Rob Giuliano <kb8rco@...> wrote:
Moved to the general list.

Bill.
I asume HAMBRG is a local digi or other RF station?
If so, the passcode isn't going to help HAMBRG hearing (seeing) you.
The passcode allows APRSIS32 to directly interface with the APRS-IS network (if the computer has an internet connection).

If you describe your setup, HAMBRG is, and what you expect between the 2 stations, we can help troubleshoot your problem.

On Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 8:14:19 AM EDT, BILL GIFFORD <billgifford608@...> wrote:

Thank you!  It looks like it working but HAMBRG isn’t seeing me? That’s why I put it on? Any ideas

<Passcode request removed>