Re: ?APRSP

Randy Love

Just a hunch, but I bet that APZDMR is one-way GPS data from DMR devices to APRS...
In that case, the person's DMR radio probably doesn't actually support true APRS functionality.
Randy
WF5X

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 12:06 PM James Ewen <ve6srv@...> wrote:
SV1WE does not appear to be running APRSISCE/32.

2021-02-18 16:05:50 MST: SV1WE>APZDMR,QTH*,TCPIP*,qAU,SIXTH:)SV1WE-DP!3749.10N/02348.97ErRNG0034 IPSC2-GR-DMO MMDVM 431.0500 MHz

APRSISCE/32 uses a tocall of APWW11 as seen in Lynn's packet.

 KJ4ERJ>APWW11,TCPIP*,qAC,EIGHTH:@165022h2759.79N/08039.53WlFull Feed Monitor!wwu!Ej.

You asked:

"Does ?APRSP QUERY work in APRSIS32 please?"

The answer is yes, it does work. APRSISCE/32 can send the query, and it can respond to the query. The question you need answered is does the application that IDs as APZDMR in the tocall respond to ?APRSP?

It seems that you know the answer to this question... No response means no it doesn't.

James
VE6SRV

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 8:57 AM Demetre - M0SUY/SV1UY <demetre.sv1uy@...> wrote:
Thanks Lynn,

It seems that when I send ?APRSP to a station I can hear on RF, then I get a reply to my QUERY.

When I send a Directed QUERY to RF addressed to a station I cannot hear directly and it has to go via an IGATE-Internet-IGATE and back to his local RF, as in the case of SV1WE who is in Athens-GR and I am in Gateshead-UK, then he does not reply to it! He does reply to most other QUERIES though. I tested ?DX, ?VER, ?APRSD, ?APRSH etc.

All other DIRECTED QUERIES work immediately, but ?APRSP, work fine. This is what puzzles me!

--
73 de Demetre M0SUY/SV1UY
APRS: 1st & best Social Network