Re: Connecting APRSIS32 to APRX or DIXPRS

Rob Giuliano

I haven't seen a reply yet, so I'll give it a shot.

I am not familiar with DIXPRS, but APRX will interface with APRSIS32 through either an AGW port or KISS over TCP port.  They key is for each application to have a single device (TNC) attached to it.

OPTION 1:
If APRSIS32 will be available all the time and have internet access, you can set APRSIS32 as a 'local APRS Server" and have APRX and/or DIXPRS connect to them as if APRSIS32 is just like noam.aprs2.net.  APRSIS32 would then forward the infomration to its APRS-IS server and all should work - as long as APRSIS32 is running and has access to both sides.

OPTION 2:
Configure each as a KISS/TCP port

>>> For APRX it is something like:
   <interface>
      tcp-device    {IP and port of the APRSIS32 configuration}
       callsign        {call}-{ssid}
       tx-ok            true
   </interface>
Then in APRSIS32 configure a Simply(KISS) port set over TCP and point to the IP of this device.

>>> For Direwolf -> uncomment one or both of the interfaces:
        AGWPORT 8000
        KISSPORT 8001
Then in APRSIS32 configure a Simply(KISS) port set over TCP and point to the IP of this device, or an AGW port withe IP and port of this device

>>> For DIXPRS -> couldn't find any info on KISS over TCP.
I didn't see infomration on configuring either KISS over TCP or AGW.

 I hope this helps.

On Thursday, February 18, 2021, 9:07:00 AM EST, MARINO MELONI via groups.io <iw2ejh@...> wrote:

Good day to all

In the past I use to run APRSIS32 24/7 on an old laptop and I interfaced it with several TNC, virtual (Direwolf) and real (TNC2) everything was configured along the years and was running fine. Several years ago, after the laptop died, I replaced everything with a couple of Raspberry pi. Actually I'm running APRX and DIXPRS on these, with actually two ports, one connected to Direwolf, and one using the TNC2 in Kiss mode.
My goal now is to use aprsis32 from my laptop in another room to connect remotely to one of these two programs in order to be able to have access to the APRS network.
I know in the past I was able to run several different computers around my house and was able di interconnect everything, sending/receiving messages from every pc, but now after several years, I do not remember if I had to configure in a particular way APRX, or DIXPRS or if I installed another software to share the TNC access between several devices around the house. (I'm getting old, and I'm loosing memory).
I tried to search in the group, but I didn't found a clear answer how to reach the goal.
I hope someone can help me to connect aprsis32  via TCP/IP one of my TNC via some of the software I'm running.
Thanks
IW2EJH
Marino