Re: Iiiiit's woooorrrrking! hah hah! Victory! I now have N7TTQ-9 up and running as a Robust Packet Gateway.

Steve

Sorry, I missed that....probably because busy processing the rash of passcode requests we have had lately!

73
Steve,  KF6WAX

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 5:58 PM Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

The answer was already posted.  His RF port trace log was saying "Missing C0" indicating that the TNC was not in KISS mode.  Also, the Transmit menu option wasn't keying up the radio, further indicating a problem possibly between APRSIS32 and the TNC.

Then we noticed the following one-liner in https://robust-packet.net/Robust-Packet-Network-Manual.pdf

Anyhow, when restarting APRSIS32 it is vital to switch the tracker powerless for a second (under investigation).

Once the SCS Tracker was powered down with APRSIS32 not running, everything started working fine.

So the final thing is that if you're using an SCS Tracker, you must cycle power before allowing APRSIS32 to talk to it.  This means before starting APRSIS32 and also before Enabling the RF port in a running instance if you disable the port for some reason.

On 1/19/2021 12:48 PM, Steve wrote:
So after all that what do we have to do to wring the answer out of you???

73
Steve,  KF6WAX

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 5:01 PM <macclad44@...> wrote:

I gotta give the author, Lynn, K4ERJ all the credit.  The solution ended up simple but without his help, nuh uh.
I just sent a beacon and N0KQX-3 heard me.  Bonus!  And I can hear a bunch of stations.

All good!
Thanks again Lynn!

Jeff