Re: crossband with 2 meters and 70cm question

Patrick Connor

I suggest you run both radios on the Pi and use Direwolf to digipeat from one radio to the other. Connect one instance of APRSISCE to the Pi through the networked AGW interface. Now you have control of both radios with one client.

Patrick (N3TSZ)

On Thursday, December 31, 2020, 08:00:09 AM EST, KP3FT via groups.io <kp3ft@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I found some references to using APRSis32 for crossband, but haven't figured out some of the specifics.  I already have two instances of APRSis32 running, one on a 2m radio, the other on a separate 70cm radio.  They both work fine when testing with other stations miles away.  What I can't figure out, is how can I get 2m to re-transmit a packet that is received on 70cm, and vis-versa, with RF-only?  The 2m is using UZ7HO's Soundmodem with one instance of APRSis32 on a Win10 notebook.  The 70cm is using Direwolf on a Raspberry, ported to a second instance of APRSis32 on the Win10 notebook.  I saw a mention of using the "e/" filter, but not sure how to utilize it.  Thanks for any help, 73