Re: Newbie question...

James Ewen

I would suggest not naming the Kenwood specific configuration as KISS for a start. Most implementations that have a KISS mode configuration have it set to work in KISS mode. Something for a specific hardware configuration like the Kenwood radio would probably be better labelled Kenwood KISS.

Clarity is a wonderful thing to strive for.

Hoping everyone stays safe, healthy and sane this non-traditional holiday season.

James
VE6SRV

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 4:56 PM Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

Good to know that was it.  I really need to figure out how to document the legacy "KISS" mode better somewhere.

On 12/17/2020 4:35 PM, W9PFD wrote:
Thanks for the info and explanation on "COM4 OK"

You were correct that I had selected KISS rather than Simply(KISS).  Created a new port using Simply(KISS),  [and deleted the old one]  and PERMed  INTFACE KISS  into the KPC2.  Appears to be working on RF channel as well as Internet now.

A lot to learn in switching software.

Thanks for your help and your work on this.

Dave - W9PFD

--
James
VE6SRV