Re: Newbie question...

Lynn Deffenbaugh

What port type did you tell APRSIS32 to use when you configured the RF port?  It doesn't have any port type that sets up a KPC2 and should be set to Simply(KISS) which will cause it to expect the TNC to already be locked into KISS mode before it connects.

I suspect you have selected a KISS type port which is actually specific to the Kenwood APRS radio TNCs, not KPCs.

The "COM4 OK" simply means that the communications port was opened successfully.  It does not indicate any sort of actual communications with the TNC.

APRSIS32 doesn't want any flow control on the port.

If you open Enables / View Logs / Port(COM4) and enable that window, you might learn more about what's going on.

On 12/17/2020 11:33 AM, W9PFD wrote:
Hello:

I am new to APRSISCE/32.  I have followed the setup instructions and all works well on the Internet connections, but the radio port does not want to transmit, and I do not see from the logs that it is receiving either.  I have checked all the steps in the article  "Why won't APRSISCE/32 Transmit?"  and they are all correct.  The TNC and the radio all work fine using a terminal program.  [And worked with a previous APRS program...]  Message at top of screen indicates  "APRS-IS OK"  and  "COM4 OK".  The OS on the computer is Vista, and the TNC is a KPC2 connected via a hardware COM port.

When the program starts and is putting the TNC into KISS mode, what flow control type does APRSISCE/32 expect to see?

Any other suggestions?

TNX + 73,

Dave, W9PFD