Re: Telemetry support packets

Fred Hillhouse

I heard about the findu option today. I have already sent the support packets over RF but was curious. I was sending them at the ‘excessive’ rate of every two hours. ;)
I backed them off to every six hours a little bit ago just because I can.
J

Fred N7FMH

From: APRSISCE@groups.io [mailto:APRSISCE@groups.io] On Behalf Of Lynn Deffenbaugh
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2020 6:33 PM
To: APRSISCE@groups.io
Subject: Re: [APRSISCE] Telemetry support packets

I use one of the APRS messaging web interfaces (search for it at findu) to send the telemetry definition messages from myself to myself as the callsign-SSID that will be doing the telemetry.  That way aprs.fi and the rest of the active APRS-IS gets it as well as my APRSIS32 instance(s).

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 12/1/2020 5:55 PM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:

I was thinking that might be the case. I did notice that I could edit the XML (APRSIS32 not running) to manually add the support packets. It wouldn’t take much effort.

Thank you!

Fred N7FMH

From: APRSISCE@groups.io [mailto:APRSISCE@groups.io] On Behalf Of Lynn Deffenbaugh
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2020 5:03 PM
To: APRSISCE@groups.io
Subject: Re: [APRSISCE] Telemetry support packets

Actually, I think they are currently forever unless manually deleted.  This is by design as some telemetry stations only issue the definitions once manually by the operator.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 12/1/2020 4:48 PM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:

Hi Lynn,

How long do the support packets (EQNS, PARM, UNIT) for telemetry stay in the XML?

I assume they ‘age out’ at some point.

Thank you!

Fred N7FMH

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Join APRSISCE@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.