Re: Telemetry support packets

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Yes, without definitions, particularly EQNS, the raw data is displayed.

On 12/1/2020 6:22 PM, Rob Giuliano via groups.io wrote:
But assumed updated any time "new information" is received.

Is APRSIS32 the defaults EQNS for each channel of 0,1,0?
  Or are there some "assumed defaults" for certain devices?

I would assume the default to be 0,1,0 until scaling data is provided, but I have seen data on aprs.fi that is scaled to some assumed signal - especially for the Byonics TT4.

On Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 5:03:22 PM EST, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

Actually, I think they are currently forever unless manually deleted.  This is by design as some telemetry stations only issue the definitions once manually by the operator.

On 12/1/2020 4:48 PM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:

Hi Lynn,

How long do the support packets (EQNS, PARM, UNIT) for telemetry stay in the XML?

I assume they ‘age out’ at some point.

Thank you!

Fred N7FMH

Avast logo