Re: can anyone help here

Don Eklund

I am still getting that error even with the changes.   See below.

2020-11-28 14:10:06 EST: N1EDF>APRS,TCPXX*,qAX,CWOP-3:@281907z4218.42/07119.42_357/000g002t036r000p000P000b02026h13.WD 31 [Invalid uncompressed location]

From: APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Bruninga
Sent: Friday, November 27, 2020 1:43 PM
To: APRSISCE@groups.io
Subject: Re: [APRSISCE] can anyone help here

>You don't say what is generating these position packets,

>but they are not formatted properly.  That is why you are getting the errors.

   Lat format    DDmm.dd

   Lon format DDDmm.dd

>You must fill each character location with a number or trailing space.

Leading zeros yes, trailing zeros means something different.  If the last digit is a 0 then it is a precise position.  If the trailing zero is replaced with a space, then it is a degree of position ambiguity.

> In other words, the leading zero (071) on the longitude must be there.

> For ambiguity, removing trailing zeros and use spaces.

> I believe you can only do that after the decimal, but I could be wrong.

   @271652z4200.  /07100.  _

Yes, I see now that you said that.  Thanks

bob

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 11:56, Don Eklund

<n1edf@...> wrote:

Does anyone know why I am getting this on APRS.FI  say Invalid Uncompressed location.

2020-11-27 11:50:04 EST: N1EDF>APRS,TCPXX*,qAX,CWOP-4:@271652z42.00.00/71.00.00_312/000g001t050r000p000P000b10168h94.WD 31 [Invalid uncompressed location]