Re: can anyone help here

Rob Giuliano

The data is sent as a group of characters and parsed by character position.  So the number of characters for each element is critical.

   Your report: @271652z42.00.00/71.00.00_
   Corrected:   @271652z4200.00/07100.00_

You don't say what is generating these position packets, but they are not formatted properly.  That is why you are getting the errors.
   Lat format    DDmm.dd
   Lon format DDDmm.dd

You must fill each character location with a number or trailing space.  In other words, the leading zero (071) on the longitude must be there.  For ambiguity, removing trailing zeros and use spaces.  I believe you can only do that after the decimal, but I could be wrong.
   @271652z4200.  /07100.  _

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 11:56, Don Eklund
<n1edf@...> wrote:

Does anyone know why I am getting this on APRS.FI  say Invalid Uncompressed location.

2020-11-27 11:50:04 EST: N1EDF>APRS,TCPXX*,qAX,CWOP-4:@271652z42.00.00/71.00.00_312/000g001t050r000p000P000b10168h94.WD 31 [Invalid uncompressed location]