Map Zooming by Touch

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Eric Sderman wrote:
I use a HTC Touch HD and no problem like that. What is a problem for
me is that this device doesnt have any buttons, so I wonder if all
functions could be used by only "touching"? When I zoom the map I have
to click the keyboard and then the up/down buttons. A bit tricky, so
it would be nice with some other option directly on screen.
Just click the + or - on the slider to the left of the map. You can also double-click inside that bar to go directly to that zoom level.

So, I've some users asking for keyboard control because they don't have a touch screen and others asking for touch control because they don't have any keys....Ya gotta love multi-platform software development!

Keep asking for ways to do things and I'll either answer with what is there or add it to the list of something to provide for!

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Working to make the client better and better from your input!

PS. There is not currently any non-button/keyboard way to change the map transparency. The rocker left/right or keyboard left/right arrows will fade or make bold the map background, just in case you didn't know about that feature! The small icons at extreme zoom levels are easier to spot if you fade the maps a bit.

Eric
SA5BKE

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@arrl.net> wrote:

Anyone out there running APRSISCE on an HTC Touch Pro?

I was chatting with G4ILO-12 this morning (my time) and he mentioned
that his HTC Touch Pro sometimes shows an error message from
"device.exe" while running APRSISCE. When this happens, he has to
reboot to get a connection back to APRS-IS. He's on 3 UK as a carrier.

If you're running an HTC Touch Pro (on any carrier), please reply and
let us know if you've seen this error, any other error, or if it's "just
working" for you.