Re: Not Receiving Reports from WXSVR-AU

Peter VK3PYE

Hi Lynn.

Correct on the station setup. The radio is just doing the RF part. My station is capable of using APRS-IS, but I have it disabled while trying to figure out why I'm not receiving return packets from WXSVR-AU. And yes, I have added the "dash 15" to my station callsign. I thought that it may have been why I was not receiving those packets, but it has not made any difference. Still nothing back via RF.

I had also asked the same question to the Australian APRS Users group, and received this reply from "the custodian of the VK3RSA-1 iGate".

-- VK3RSA-1
APRS-!S messages to local RF:
Gate messages to local RF: = Yes
Message path: = WIDE2-1
Local RF heard max. digi-hops: = 2
Local RF heard buffer timeout (m): = 30

Regarding your request : " try sending a callsign lookup to WHO-15 and WHO-IS.", how do I go about doing that

For a quick test, I just enabled APRS-IS and sent a request to the WXSVR-AU server and received this reply ...

So, I can receive the replies via the Internet, but that would not be much use for anyone that is camping away from the city with no Internet available to them.

One other thing that I have just noticed, and I am trying to understand the direwolf output, is that, while the requests to the WXBOT server were returned via VK3RSA-1, and I received those request responses via RF OK, the requests to the WXSVR-AU server, are showing in my screen grabs as coming via VK3RMD-1, so maybe it is VK3RMD-1 that has the issue? Just my thoughts ...

Thanks for your help.
-----
7 3 de Pete VK3PYE / VK3YPE