Graham Hunter
Cooloola Cove 4580

grahamhunter61@...

On 21 Nov 2020, at 23:46, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

Ah, one more question came to mind:  What is the RF station that you are using.  Yaesu radios cannot handle non-AX.25 -SSIDs.  If you are using a Yaesu APRS radio, you won't get any messages from WXSRV-AU because of the alpha-numeric -SSID.  AFAIK, you can't send to any non -0 (suppressed) through -15 SSID station either.  Kenwood APRS radios do not have this restriction and the APRS specification certainly allows non-AX.25 -SSIDs to be handled successfully in the third party packets and message formats.

On 11/21/2020 8:28 AM, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:

If some messages are being gated from APRS-IS, I don't see why other messages wouldn't be gated.

Can you provide exactly which callsign-SSID are the anticipated IGate as well as the RF station which you're using in your tests?

On 11/21/2020 3:45 AM, Peter VK3PYE wrote:
Hello all.

Currently I'm using APRSIS32 with Direwolf v1.6 via RF on a Win8.1 PC linked to my 2M FM radio.

I have not been able to receive any messages to requests sent to WXSVR-AU via RF.
I can see that the WXSVR-AU server has tried to respond, as I can see the wx reports it returns by looking at aprs.fi in the messages section.
Tried over many days with no returns via RF.

I am receiving OK from WXBOT when I send a request for a METAR of an airport.
I am receiving OK from WLNK-1 (Winlink) as I can read and send email.
I also have sent out a "CQ" and got a couple of replies !! Top stuff ;-)

Is there a setting in APRSIS32 that I have missed?

Thanks for a very nice APRS program. It's lots of fun.
--
7 3 de Pete VK3PYE / VK3YPE