Re: Windoze position won't save.

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Glad it's working.  Aero was probably setting window position flags rather than setting the actual window position.  That is actually why a maximized window doesn't save and restore properly, because the size and position of the window are not actually set.  Windows just "knows" that it's maximized and uses whatever the current definition of that is.

I suspect Aero has similar "snapped" flags somewhere that it is using rather than setting the size and position.

But congratulations on finally figuring it out.  Wow.

On 10/22/2020 4:39 PM, Glenn O'Connor wrote:
I believe I've made peace with the app. Now, maybe I've had to do this in the past, maybe not.

NOT using the Aero Snap feature, I've a manually sized and saved under Screen/Preferred/Save.
Now exiting/launching the app, the desired main window(pane) size is restored.

I think I'll keep README notes entitled I D 10 T to keep around for my "custom" setup.

Thanks Lynn for all you do for our community!!

73,
Glenn-KF0ED

P.S. Yes, on the HF modem, I was only testing. I will run a separate instance if needed.