Re: HF APRS set up

Lynn Deffenbaugh

The danger with creating multiple RF ports in a single instance is that APRSIS32 doesn't track which port heard a station.  So if a message comes in from the APRS-IS for a station, it is transmitted on ALL transmit and message enabled RF ports.  If you're not transmit enabled or have disabled message transmitting on all but one of the ports, you're fine.  But otherwise, you may be spamming one or more bands gating messages for stations that aren't on that band.

The transmit path specification also applies to all RF ports, so you cannot have different paths for the different bands.

Also, the view filters lump all RF-received stations together, so you cannot generate a view that shows just the stations received on a particular port.

Those are some of the reasons I made it easy to run multiple instances.

On 10/19/2020 4:44 PM, Glenn O'Connor wrote:
I've just added another port,HF, with once instance of 'IS32, to go along with the already functioning VHF port. The VHF port controls an old AEA PK-900 and the added port controls the AGW based system. Works as advertised.

Glenn-KF0ED